My pool setup (re-done correctly)

May 24, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
My first setup was awful. It was 2 feet off level. I guess the excitement and kids being inpatient got the best of me. I just threw a liner protector and the pool without leveling. So after reading here for few days and seeing all the post related to pool leveling I decided to start from scratch. Hired a landscaper to get the new area leveled with sand and pavers for each post. They did an OK job so I had to clean up a little to get it to my standards. The weather here in Vegas was around 110-115 which didn't help at all and caused many delays plus drank 48 bottle of water bottles along with plenty of breaks. Once the area was ready to my surprise I found plenty of leaks and pin holes on the liner. I gave up after 4-6 patches and still kept finding leaks. I decided to call Intex and they sent me a replacement liner within a few days after I sent the cutouts. I was worried when the box arrived, it wasn't tape well and had a few rips. Had my niece help setup the new pool liner and added about 1/2" of water so that I can check each post to be leveled and to get rid of any wrinkles and called it a night. The following day I left work early exited to continue removing wrinkles and and start filling up the pool with water. To my surprise we got hit by strong winds. The pool liner along with the post got pushed 4-6 feet. The ladder saved the liner from being blown away since one of the legs got caught on the tarp. That's how strong the wind was picking up. No one was available to help me. I got underneath the liner and started to pull hard to get it align with each paver. I almost suffocated but I was able to manage to get everything back in place. The winds started to get stronger and I had to put a table inside to hold the liner down while I filled up the pool and got some weight. To cut the story short I was able to get about 2-3 inches of water and wasn't able to get all the wrinkles out. It has been a challenge but reading here and patience help me finish everything up including the PVC plumbing and Hayward skimmer. I do have a really minor leak but it seems to be around the seam of the liner. I'm going to try a do a dye test to see if I can locate it.

Here are a few pictures.

48554e45_l.jpeg

daccf587_l.jpeg

0032da8a_l.jpeg

0a283ce6_l.jpeg

64ca345f_l.jpeg

50ad0c43_l.jpeg

cce4f52c_l.jpeg

73e2c101_l.jpeg]

f7560865_l.jpeg

2e575442_l.jpeg

578c8ca1_l.jpeg

c5ebd193_l.jpeg

89793ef2_l.jpeg

7b62cb95_l.jpeg

dda91893_l.jpeg

Looks so much nicer doesn't it?! Nice set up n clean plumbing too.

Your attention to detail and meticulous work shows in every picture. You should not only enjoy your pool the rest of the season but also take great pride in your work.....it doesn't get much better than that!

thanks everyone. It took a lot of trial and errors but I'm happy that it worked out and thanks to all the reading here as well. I'm disappointed that the new replacement liner has a minor leak possibly by the seam. I'll wait until next summer to put a new overlap liner inside. We have been using the pool each weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and thanks to the wind I had to stop plumbing on the table outside and play with my 1yr old. Forgot to close the purple primer and the wind knocked it down all over the table. Thank God that it didn't get any on my paver since it dried right away. That's why you see one coupler that has purple around it. lol.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Job well done your family should be very proud of you.

Now time to give them bushes/plants along the wall some loving.

thanks everyone. It took a lot of trial and errors but I'm happy that it worked out and thanks to all the reading here as well. I'm disappointed that the new replacement liner has a minor leak possibly by the seam. I'll wait until next summer to put a new overlap liner inside. We have been using the pool each weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and thanks to the wind I had to stop plumbing on the table outside and play with my 1yr old. Forgot to close the purple primer and the wind knocked it down all over the table. Thank God that it didn't get any on my paver since it dried right away. That's why you see one coupler that has purple around it. lol.
Amazon.com : Fix A Leak Pool Leak Sealer - 32 oz : Swimming Pool Liners : Patio, Lawn Garden

This stuff works on small pinhole leaks. It may work on the seams and you won't have to replace the liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.