Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My pool setup (re-done correctly)

1. Back To Top    #1

My pool setup (re-done correctly)

My first setup was awful. It was 2 feet off level. I guess the excitement and kids being inpatient got the best of me. I just threw a liner protector and the pool without leveling. So after reading here for few days and seeing all the post related to pool leveling I decided to start from scratch. Hired a landscaper to get the new area leveled with sand and pavers for each post. They did an OK job so I had to clean up a little to get it to my standards. The weather here in Vegas was around 110-115 which didn't help at all and caused many delays plus drank 48 bottle of water bottles along with plenty of breaks. Once the area was ready to my surprise I found plenty of leaks and pin holes on the liner. I gave up after 4-6 patches and still kept finding leaks. I decided to call Intex and they sent me a replacement liner within a few days after I sent the cutouts. I was worried when the box arrived, it wasn't tape well and had a few rips. Had my niece help setup the new pool liner and added about 1/2" of water so that I can check each post to be leveled and to get rid of any wrinkles and called it a night. The following day I left work early exited to continue removing wrinkles and and start filling up the pool with water. To my surprise we got hit by strong winds. The pool liner along with the post got pushed 4-6 feet. The ladder saved the liner from being blown away since one of the legs got caught on the tarp. That's how strong the wind was picking up. No one was available to help me. I got underneath the liner and started to pull hard to get it align with each paver. I almost suffocated but I was able to manage to get everything back in place. The winds started to get stronger and I had to put a table inside to hold the liner down while I filled up the pool and got some weight. To cut the story short I was able to get about 2-3 inches of water and wasn't able to get all the wrinkles out. It has been a challenge but reading here and patience help me finish everything up including the PVC plumbing and Hayward skimmer. I do have a really minor leak but it seems to be around the seam of the liner. I'm going to try a do a dye test to see if I can locate it.

Here are a few pictures.

--------
    Intex 22' x 52" Ultra Frame - approx 10,000 gallons of water
    Intex Sand Filter pump (8hrs Run Time)
    Krystal Clear Saltwater Model 7110/8110 (6hr run time/day)
    K-2006 TEST KIT

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My pool setup (re-done correctly)

Looks very nice, congrats on a job well done! Particularly like the neat plumbing and use of flex pvc.
    Intex Ultra Frame 24'x12'x52" (732cm x 366cm) rectangular pool
    Intex SF80220RC (1600 GPH) pump/sandfilter
    Intex SF10220 (1050 GPH) pump/sandfilter driving the
    Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner
    Intex 8220 ECO SWG, Brilix XHP100 9kW heatpump

3. Back To Top    #3

Excellent job, now time to enjoy...........
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice!
    Ant
    16'x48" Summer Escapes Pro-Series, AG, Ultra-Frame, Intex CS15110 Sand filter/SWG, 5061 GAL, TF-100 Test Kit w/ K-1766 Salt Test and Speedstir.
    Pool School, ABC's of Water Chemistry, CYA/Chlorine Chart, Water Balance for SWG's, Pool Math.

5. Back To Top    #5

Nice jib. I have had similar problems.

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks so much nicer doesn't it?! Nice set up n clean plumbing too.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Looking good! Wind has been causing us a great deal of trouble with our build too, I can't wait to be at the point of water! Happy swimming!
    27 foot round above ground pool, steel walls and resin uprights/top rails/foot covers.
    1.5 HP Hayward Turbo II pump, 24inch, 300# Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 200,000 BTU natural gas heater

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Your attention to detail and meticulous work shows in every picture. You should not only enjoy your pool the rest of the season but also take great pride in your work.....it doesn't get much better than that!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

thanks everyone. It took a lot of trial and errors but I'm happy that it worked out and thanks to all the reading here as well. I'm disappointed that the new replacement liner has a minor leak possibly by the seam. I'll wait until next summer to put a new overlap liner inside. We have been using the pool each weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and thanks to the wind I had to stop plumbing on the table outside and play with my 1yr old. Forgot to close the purple primer and the wind knocked it down all over the table. Thank God that it didn't get any on my paver since it dried right away. That's why you see one coupler that has purple around it. lol.
    --------
    K-2006 TEST KIT

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Looks great! You had a lot of setbacks, but managed to get it done, regardless!
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

11. Back To Top    #11

Job well done your family should be very proud of you.

Now time to give them bushes/plants along the wall some loving.
    24' Reprieve RD/AG/13K gal Vinyl TFP method
    Waterway Clearwater 175 sqft Cartridge
    Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP Pump 2-Speed
    TF-100 Test Kit SpeedStir Borate Insta Test
    Spreading TFP to All

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by latin_racer View Post
    thanks everyone. It took a lot of trial and errors but I'm happy that it worked out and thanks to all the reading here as well. I'm disappointed that the new replacement liner has a minor leak possibly by the seam. I'll wait until next summer to put a new overlap liner inside. We have been using the pool each weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and thanks to the wind I had to stop plumbing on the table outside and play with my 1yr old. Forgot to close the purple primer and the wind knocked it down all over the table. Thank God that it didn't get any on my paver since it dried right away. That's why you see one coupler that has purple around it. lol.
    Amazon.com : Fix A Leak Pool Leak Sealer - 32 oz : Swimming Pool Liners : Patio, Lawn Garden

This stuff works on small pinhole leaks. It may work on the seams and you won't have to replace the liner.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by f3justusc View Post
    Amazon.com : Fix A Leak Pool Leak Sealer - 32 oz : Swimming Pool Liners : Patio, Lawn Garden

This stuff works on small pinhole leaks. It may work on the seams and you won't have to replace the liner.
    thanks for that suggestion, I'm going to read about it. what was your experience. I wonder how many other people used this stuff with success. Sounds interesting and I'm reading up on reviews.
    --------
    K-2006 TEST KIT

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by latin_racer View Post
    thanks for that suggestion, I'm going to read about it. what was your experience. I wonder how many other people used this stuff with success. Sounds interesting and I'm reading up on reviews.
    I used it on an Intex and the leaks stopped. You must read the directions and follow them exactly.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

15. Back To Top    #15

Wow, looks fantastic!
    Intex Rectangular AG Ultra Frame Pool Set, 24' x 12' x 52" (8403 gal, well water)
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System model number: 28663EG/54601EG
    Intex sand filter pump, 120V 1,600gph with GFCI
    Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim Above-Ground Pool Skimmer

16. Back To Top    #16

Well done!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    Now time to give them bushes/plants along the wall some loving.
    that's another story. Landscaper scam me out of $5k and did a really bad job and all the plant died within weeks. It looks much better after I spent weeks cleaning up and fixing irrigation leaks. I have plans to redo it nicer next year when I save enough money.
    --------
    K-2006 TEST KIT

18. Back To Top    #18

Good job setting it up right! NICE!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

19. Back To Top    #19

This was when the first time I put the pool without leveling. what a mess. You can see how far it wasn't leveled.

--------
    K-2006 TEST KIT