What is ckeditor.js? Loading times rediculous

Mar 17, 2015
Georgia
Everytime I go into a thread the site is calling ckeditor.js then calls for 5 files by the name of attachment.php?attachmentid=randomnumbershere. It is slow to load on my end and aggravating. The main problem is ckeditor.js. What is it for? Why is it not cacheable so it doesn't have to download everytime? I noticed this a few days ago.

Sorry to offer no more help, but I imagine this is on your end. I'm not aware of other reports on it, and haven't seen anything like it on my end, on PC or mobile devices. That said, I will pass it to an admin.

I guess I should have mentioned I'm on dialup so I notice slow loading things. Yea its sad but that's what I have. If you have high speed then it probably wouldn't be noticable. If you ever want to test your patience then switch over to dial up.

It wasn't like this before, maybe a week ago. Something must have been changed or updated, maybe from a 3rd party provider.

I wasn't aware of any Java programming on this site. I think it's related to the text editor where I'm typing now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.