Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Clogged skimmer line

1. Back To Top    #1

Clogged skimmer line

Hi all,

I'm getting desperate. Not sure if something crawled in and died or just full of twigs and leaves but I can't get enough suction to run the gear properly.

I blew compressed air (150 PSI) with one of those bladders, saw some leaves come out on the skimmer side, but still had an issue.

Tried a drain king. saw some spores and leaf parts on the skimmer side, but still had an issue.

Thinking of going to Home depot tomorrow and renting an electric drain cleaner. Any thoughts before I do this?

Thanks!
    15,000Gal AG , Plaster, DE, 1.5HP, Compupool SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Clogged skimmer line

I don't think I would use the big electric drain cleaner. Just buy one of the smaller 3/8 or 1/2 snakes. Officially called a hand auger.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I would use the big electric drain cleaner. Just buy one of the smaller 3/8 or 1/2 snakes. Officially called a hand auger.

Do you have one or two skimmers? If two, put your hand over the pipe in the one that is working and the pump on high and see if it will suck it out. And block of the main drain equalizer in both skimmers if you have those also. Might need some extra hands!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Keep at it. That you can see SOME debris coming out indicates you are making progress.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    Keep at it. That you can see SOME debris coming out indicates you are making progress.
    Just one drain.

I had the drain king running for 2 hours. Sill has a clog...

5. Back To Top    #5

Any way I can use my pressure washer to push out the clog?

Thanks