More is less with solar heat?

yerkel

Jul 6, 2015
Peterborough Canada
I have an Intex Easy Set 12'x30" AGP and 1x Intex Solar Heater Mat (model no. 28685E). I have the 1,000 GPH Intex pump.

Right now, it appears to give some improvement to the temperature of the water, but would two of these mats in a series essentially double the results I'm currently getting? For the most part, I get in the low to mid eighties on a very sunny, warm day, and my pool temp usually starts its day around 830, 9am at 77 degrees F.

Thanks!

Hard to tell, depends on a lot of factors like height above ground, lenght/size of pipes etc. Give it a try and see what kind of flow you get! The Intex solar mats have a built in bypass valve so you can regulate flow/reduce pump strain, but of course, the less water you send through the mats, the less heat picked up from the sun.

Hard to tell, depends on a lot of factors like height above ground, lenght/size of pipes etc. Give it a try and see what kind of flow you get! The Intex solar mats have a built in bypass valve so you can regulate flow/reduce pump strain, but of course, the less water you send through the mats, the less heat picked up from the sun.

Based purely on feel, when the water passes through the mat, it's brutal weak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.