Newbie/First Time Above Ground Pool Owner

Intex 120v Krystal Clear Saltwater System Cg-28663 Model CS8110 (This ONE).

It was giving a "too low" salt indicator and would stop running after a minute but, this morning, I got it to throw a new code - 90/low pump flow/no flow...it's flowing, the return jet flow seems weaker, so there's some junk somewhere. We'll get a new filter and take it down to weed out any junk in the pumps/filters/lines, hopefully this afternoon, but I'm about to lose all confidence in this SWG's ability to actually run properly. :(

I have the same one. I had the same errors and have had to correct them. Here are the steps that I needed to do.

For the low salt I needed to make sure I had enough salt in my pool. After that was verified with their test strips I then made sure that here wasn't any gunk on the cell. You might have to take it apart to rinse and brush it off. Once that was fine that code cleared.

The low flow can be because of the pump. If your pump isn't the largest it will need to have a clean filter always. The 8110 is their larger SWG. Whenever my filters got the least bit dirty I got that error. As soon as I cleaned or replaced the cartridge it cleared the error. I also had some algae/hair on the little flapper/sensor that caused the error and needed cleaned. I finally replaced my stock pump with a 3,000gph sand filter so low flow isn't an issue unless I forget to sync my timers back up after I vacuum or something like that.

I'm still learning this all too but hope maybe some of my experiences can help someone else.

George

Are you calling this part the sensor?

20150721_150104a.jpg

And I thought I read this pump was for up to 15,000 gallons and we're only about 4,600 gallons...

I have the same one. I had the same errors and have had to correct them. Here are the steps that I needed to do.

For the low salt I needed to make sure I had enough salt in my pool. After that was verified with their test strips I then made sure that here wasn't any gunk on the cell. You might have to take it apart to rinse and brush it off. Once that was fine that code cleared.

The low flow can be because of the pump. If your pump isn't the largest it will need to have a clean filter always. The 8110 is their larger SWG. Whenever my filters got the least bit dirty I got that error. As soon as I cleaned or replaced the cartridge it cleared the error. I also had some algae/hair on the little flapper/sensor that caused the error and needed cleaned. I finally replaced my stock pump with a 3,000gph sand filter so low flow isn't an issue unless I forget to sync my timers back up after I vacuum or something like that.

I'm still learning this all too but hope maybe some of my experiences can help someone else.

George

No, that's the cel. This is the flow sensor:

temporary_zpsmit4luhp.jpg

Well your PH is high and your FC is low and Alk slightly high. I'll let others chime in a bit more on that as I'm learning too.

The SWG is good for up to a 15,000 gallon pool yes, but your filter is probably not. Once it gets dirty the filters slows the water flow down and triggers a fault on the SWG. Either you have to get a larger pump or ensure you keep your filter elements clean to stop the codes from happening.

Hot dog! The SWG actually stayed running after a filter replacement! We have a bulk order of those coming next week.

So, how to get those levels balanced now? Wait it out? I have the pump set to 4 hours and Boost, so it should run for a full 32 hours now...

You are gonna need to get your levels right first with some chlorine (bleach) and lower your ph (muratic acid). I would say don't worry about your SWG right now honestly. It isn't gonna be up to task. Like I said I'm learning now I'm just a few steps ahead of you.

Glad it's working for you now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In Pool Math the left column is Now (current level) and the right column is your Target (the level you want). So where you have 7.5 for pH that should be your current pH (not your target/goal) and where you have 8.4 that should be your target/goal.

I haven't read your whole thread but I'm guessing you just have the numbers reversed as 7.5 would be a sensible pH target.

This might be hepful:
Pool School - PoolMath

Make sure you enter all your current levels since TA affects how much muriatic acid (MA) is needed.

If you haven't used MA before please take a moment to learn how to safely add it before you use it.
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Yup! That's what I did...thanks!

In Pool Math the left column is Now (current level) and the right column is your Target (the level you want). So where you have 7.5 for pH that should be your current pH (not your target/goal) and where you have 8.4 that should be your target/goal.

I haven't read your whole thread but I'm guessing you just have the numbers reversed as 7.5 would be a sensible pH target.

This might be hepful:
Pool School - PoolMath

Make sure you enter all your current levels since TA affects how much muriatic acid (MA) is needed.

If you haven't used MA before please take a moment to learn how to safely add it before you use it.
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Today's update - still cloudy, numbers still about the same. I added 16 oz. of hydrochloric (muriatic) acid (that was SCARY) and 14 oz. bleach, per the pool calculator. The SWG ran a full cycle which is encouraging to me to ensure that it is actually working and, of course, it's throwing a low salt error. I turned it off for now, just left filter on. The CYA crystals in the sock have all dissolved now. How long before I test again?

You all are so full of information...thanks! :)

Well, just out of curiosity, I just ran out and tested again...it's been about 3.5 hours since I added the MA and bleach.

FC: 3
Alk: 180 (still :( )
pH: 7.8

I am impressed that there's that kind of change in just a few hours, though! Can't wait until the morning!

When should I panic about the cloudiness? We'd like to swim in it again!

- - - Updated - - -

Not giving up on it just yet! :)

Sorry late response. I see others have answers for the SWG. Don't give up on it I love mine (same model as yours). Once you get all your parameters dialed in it keeps the water sparkling.

No way! Numbers this morning...

FC: 3
Alk: 120
pH: 7.8

All good, right?

I added half a bag of salt, hoping to deter the "low salt" error on the SWG when it comes back on, too.

It's still cloudy, but definitely a bit clearer today. Safe to swim, though?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.