Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: fault light on pentair superflo pump

1. Back To Top    #1
    Indianapolis IN

fault light on pentair superflo pump

I discovered the breaker tripped to our pentair superflo pump and flipped the breaker back on. Power was restored, howeve the pump wouldn't start. I made sure it was still programmed and pressed the step 1 button then the start button. After several seconds the fault light came on. I tried turning the breaker off a couple of times but didn't get a different outcome - still a fault light. I took the cartridge filter out and cleaned it very well. I filled up the pump basket area with water, although it never filled all the way (I finally gave up, not knowing where the water was going other than into the pool). The fan housing area is clean and the pump is not a year old yet. Any ideas? Thanks!
    12k gal, in-ground salt water fiberglass pool installed Sept, 2014. Pentair Superflow VS 1.5 pump, Pentair Mastertemp Pool Heater, Pentair IntelliChlor Chlorine Generator, Pentair Clean & Clear Cartridge Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover. 1st time pool owner who is terrible with chemicals but pretty good mechanically!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Central Minnesota

Re: fault light on pentair superflo pump

Can you rotate the pump by hand? Is the fault light blinking or solid on?
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons