Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Post Color change LED and RF light switch recommendations and reviews

1. Back To Top    #1

Post Color change LED and RF light switch recommendations and reviews

any recommendations for a RF light switch and LED color changing bulb that doesn't require a full casing swap?
    Pool Size/Type: ~16k/IG fiberglass
    Filter: Sand
    Sanitation: Pentair IC-15
    Test Kit: TF100
    City Water

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Post Color change LED and RF light switch recommendations and reviews

Bumping your thread to see if anyone can help you.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Tell us what kind of light you have now that you want to retro against, and we can probably find something....as far as RF switch goes, if you are just looking to control this one thing, you could look at a simple x-10 transmitter/receiver combo with a relay; I did something like that with a carport light in our old house and it worked well.
    17.4k gallon IG pool with attached spa (spa itself is 730gal), Super Blue Diamondbrite plaster, Circupool SI-45+ SWG, BH/Hayward Cartridge Filter, 2hp 2speed Hayward Super II pump, , Jandy Valves, Waterway Skimmers, Rheem 400k Heater, Polaris 360 cleaner, built 2000+-, replastered June 2015, TF-100 kit---Here's my pool test reading history

4. Back To Top    #4

current main light is 500W 120V rated bulb in it. I'm not sure about the light in the spa yet. Looking to get this but I am still researching:
    http://www.amazon.com/Swimming-300wa...8397748&sr=1-3
    City Water

5. Back To Top    #5

Amazon.com : Swimming Pool 546 SMD LED 120V Volts Color Changing Replacement Light Bulb In-Ground Underwater Lighting : Patio, Lawn Garden

Above link is what I bought. Should get it this week and will install over the weekend. I will post a review for folks that may be interested in the future to upgrading theirs. It was the least expensive bulb that seems to be bright enough for my desires. Their was another, link in another post above, that was decently cheaper from some sellers (80-130) but had about half as many LEDs.

gilbee:
    Do you have recommendation on model of x-10 transmitter/receiver combo with relay? I have done some basic research but don't really know what would be good to stick into an metal light switch encloser. I was hoping to find an outdoor RF switch that would fit a typical light switch box. So far I have found some great indoor wifi switches that can be controlled by your phone (if you get wifi out to the area of the pool needed), but they are all rated for indoors. I might get away with building some sort of plastic shield but not sure.
    City Water