New baqucil conversion

Hay guys, I started my conversion today. I have added 655 oz of 8.25% Clorox after an hour my pool is blueish white here are my first numbers.
Cc-5
Fc-5
ta-200
ch-375
cya-0
borate-0

i waited a month following my last maintain economic dose of Baqucil so a lot was burnt off by the sun and heat. When I first started adding my Clorox the pool turned yellow and quickly to a dingy blue white just added 300 oz of 8.25 and waiting to do a follow up test.

Not so many baqua conversions anymore. I believe it has all but died out. That said you are doing a great job and there is another here on the forum who is close to finishing.

We all love pictures and we all love to help out but you are well on your way and have a good grasp of the principles involved. Keep us posted!!

I didn't see a lot of funky colors or goo, but my sanitizer and oxidizer levels were almost zero when I started. I'll take a picture in the morning. My fc is 14. And my ph is 7.2. I've read the school post so much I have a lot of it memorized. I'm still looking at a milky blue pool for now. I'll need to get replacement sand tomorrow also.

I think I have a small air leak at the pump inlet. So that would by bubbles, I plan to fix it when I change the sand today. This morning my
ph is 7.2
fc is 4.5
cc is 3
Added 222 oz of bleach and started the vac.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh you can also see the pebbles in the liner pattern. I have a small water leak to find like an inch over 24 hours any good suggestions on determining where it might be.

Check the seams of the liner and any areas where the liner has been cut, such as skimmer opening and return opening. Use leak detection dye or food coloring to help identify the spot. A leak will suck the dye into the hole.

I think I have a small air leak at the pump inlet. So that would by bubbles, I plan to fix it when I change the sand today. This morning my
ph is 7.2
fc is 4.5
cc is 3
Added 222 oz of bleach and started the vac.

I'd first off like to welcome you to TFP! I hope you enjoy the forum.

By these numbers I do not feel you are close to being to the point where changing the sand is a good idea just yet. Based on your numbers, there is still a good bit of BaquaGoo in your water consuming your chlorine, and changing the sand now could lead to the need to change it once again in the near future. Do NOT change the sand until you can pass the OCLT as described in Convert Your Baqua Pool to Chlorine. Keep your FC at 15 and keep brushing. Trying to rush the conversion will lead to sub-par results and increased chlorine demand in the future.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How much fc is way to much. We had a downpour of rain last night so I came out before bed and checked my levels, I was at 4 fc 1.5 cc. I added my bleach but must have read the numbers wrong cause 30 minutes later I was at 21 fc .5 cc. This morning I'm at 19 fc and .5 cc. The pool is clear and beautiful. It hasn't looked this good all year. I had a grit on the bottom I could not get off. It's gone all but some small spots that are in the dips of my liner. So far I've added a total of 15 121 oz bottles of 8.25% Clorox and I did a deep clean on my sand swept and vacuumed.

I'm happy so far. Here is 2 pictures. The close up shows the little brown gritty spots on the bottom. Before I started my conversion I had a grit that covered everything in the pool. The liner felt like 60 grit sandpaper on your feet. It's all but gone, all that remains is these little brown spots in intentions of the liner. That won't brush lose yet. Is there anything else I need to do other than wait and see if they break down too? My ph is up a little this morning due to a heavy rain last night, I've added my Muritc acid to lower that. Here is my complete numbers today,

fc-19
cc-.5
ph-8
Ta-190
ch-375

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 14
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.