How to install airbleed tube in filter?

Sep 8, 2014
Los Angeles CA
Hi, I bought an NS 36 replacement filter for my Pentair DE stainless steel pool filter off amazon. When it shipped I got a new filter that looked like the one I'm going to replae but also a tube that I haven't seen before. It looks like this.

$_35.JPG

There is no obvious place to put it on the new filter assembly and I don't remember seeing anything like it in the old filter. Its an airbleed tube from what I can tell but there is no instructions or videos I can find of how or where to install it.

There should be a hole in the top of the manifold that it goes in. It goes in at about a 30 degree angle. There's a notch that lines up.

There is a notch that I didn't think would fit the tube. Does the thing just go in and then you put the steel filter cover over it or does it have to somehow be sticking out of the filter casing? I already have the little gauge with the nozzle that squirts out water on the top of the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.