Continuous Problems

Jul 19, 2015
Vernon, CT
I have a PoolPilot with an RC-42 cell and constant problems. Two years ago I replaced the cell, this year I replaced the sensors, I've had low voltage warnings, shorting problems in the rain and now I'm not generating chlorine again. My salt level is 3700ppm and I have no warning lights but getting no chlorine. So far this year I've gotten one day of trouble free use. Is it common for these to be a constant source of irritation and a giant money pit? I'm thinking of scrapping the whole thing and going back to adding chemicals. At least then I was in control rather than having a computer telling me to spend money.

Think you need to take a few deep breaths and then give us a few more details of your current problem(s).
How have you determined that you are not producing chlorine?
What are the readings when you do a self test on the system?

Hello and welcome to TFP! Sorry to hear about your on-going troubles. Sometimes the best intentions end-up biting us in the backside in your case biting you in the wallet. :shark: I'm afraid I have no personal expertise in your PoolPilot situation, but if you do fallback to manual feeding like so many of us do, just keep the Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart handy so you can maintain the appropriate FC level based on your CYA.

There's still a chance that someone on the forum may also be a PoolPilot owner and may be able to provide some item-specific help. Best of luck, and have a nice evening.

I know that I'm not creating chlorine because I set the boost to on, waited 30 seconds and then loosen the connection just below the cell. Testing the water at that point still showed no chlorine and that's right after the point where it should be created. My voltage and amps are constantly fluctuating but not tripping any warnings. My sensor assembly is new from just a few weeks ago. My salt levels read anywhere between 3500 and 3700ppm. I do need a deep breath. I've been working on this every day for weeks with new problems popping up immediately after the existing problems are fixed. Electrical shorting problems were fixed by putting an "umbrella" over the control panel. The low voltage problem was corrected by removing and replacing all the fuses, put in WAY too much salt because the sensors kept putting out wrong readings so that had to be replaced, and now it's the cell again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.