Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bought a cleaner, need some advice.

1. Back To Top    #1

Rebecca GA

Bought a cleaner, need some advice.

I'm new to the forum. Hi, all! Bought a Wanda the Whale, Hayward AG pool cleaner. Instructions were not all that informative, but seemed easy enough. I have a 26x52 AG pool,14,000 gal capacity. Pump came with pool. It's a Krystal Clear Filter Pump w/2500gph. It seems like there isn't enough suction to make the cleaner work.
    Is the filter/pump not big enough or does anyone know if there is an adaptor or something else I need to make this cleaner work. Pool and filter are only one year old.
    26' x 52' Intex Ultra Frame AG vinyl pool w/ Intex Krystal Clear 2500GPH Filter Pump w/timer. 14,000 Gallon water capacity. Pool is filled by well.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Bought a cleaner, need some advice.

I have to close the valve on my bottom drain AND turn my pump on high to make my Wanda work. If I do not do either one it does not work so...............I am guessing your pump is not big enough to run her You can see my pump in my siggy.

I wish I had better news for you. I love my Wanda.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Bought a cleaner, need some advice.

Hi, Wanda comes with a restrictor that may need to be used or not. You may have to try it both ways. You need to remove the bottom plate and you will see the press-in restrictor. This cleaner needs about 30 gpm to operate properly. The 2500 gph works out to about 41 gpm. This would be with a clean filter. As the filter gets dirty the flow will diminish. I have not seen good luck with this pump in the past.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing