Help !! Added calcium hardness increaser in skimmer basket

ap30

Jun 10, 2015
Houston, TX
Hello everyone,
I added 5 lbs of Clorox calcium hardness increaser in a sock into my skimmer basket. It felt really hot against my hand so I thought I would research why. But that was 2 hours ago and after I read that I am supposed to mix it in a bucket and pour, I went outside to pull the socks out to mix in the bucket. However all the calcium increaser has melted away in the last 2 hours. Did I cause any major damage? Is there anything I can do to limit the damage or help fix my mistake? Clean filter or let pump run 24 hours or anything? Please help.

Thanks,
AP

Is that a sand filter? I added too much cal plus at once one day, and my sand filter pressure went really high and stayed there. I had to backwash to recover, and probably blew half the cal plus which I bought straight out the waste lines haha.

I have a vinyl liner so I don't even bother with calcium anymore.

If there's an issue with calcium chloride and exothermic reactions, that's way over my head (somebody else will hopefully chime in)

Is that a sand filter? I added too much cal plus at once one day, and my sand filter pressure went really high and stayed there. I had to backwash to recover, and probably blew half the cal plus which I bought straight out the waste lines haha.

I have a vinyl liner so I don't even bother with calcium anymore.

If there's an issue with calcium chloride and exothermic reactions, that's way over my head (somebody else will hopefully chime in)
Mine are cartridges and a plaster or pebbletec pool

- - - Updated - - -

There is no issue. The Calcium is dissolved and dispersed and that's all you need.

Thank you. I was worried because of the heat generated and there has to be a reason people disperse it on the deep end of the pool or premix with water and pour in the pool. So no under ground PVC pipes or anything melted? Thanks again for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.