YAY!!! New Pool Build in Progress - Tomball TX - Bring on the expert advice!

Pics of Tile going in...

Travertine Coping 16x16
Tile5_zpsfsbkivgg.jpg

Split face travertine for back wall: Cant wait to see this go up -
Tile4_zpseqe4kvbo.jpg

Tile going up around stairs:
Tile3_zpsl6zbxulm.jpg

Close up of tile:
Tile2_zpskiuh2nxy.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Going to put a few of these in the outdoor kitchen and i think a few new ones for the house as well -

IMG_9636_zpsjroykcnp.png

Nope they will go boom! They do NOT play well together. MA is the worst one of the two. It cannot be near any metal and has to have lots of ventilation.

I just thought of something for you. With your 5 yr old boy (boys will be boys!) you can also use dry acid. Here is a copy/paste about it.

-Dry acid is sold by pool stores and the pool departments of some big box stores. Dry acid is sold under various names, including PH Down, PH Reducer, PH Decreaser, Lo-n-Slo, etc. Dry acid is best added by pre-dissolving it in a bucket of water and then pouring that slowly in front of a return.

It costs a little more BUT it is much safer and easier to use. I am going to have to do some research if it can be house in the same area as chlorine. I would like you to research it also and we will compare notes.

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Keep a close eye on the tile in/around the skimmer box. Be picky about how they cut it and how it looks. Hopefully they care about their work but...........this can be an area where they can get lazy and sloppy.

I like those plugs. How the world has changed LOL

Kim

Ok Kim - i am going to check on them now...Not sure that i know how they are supposed to look - Hope the Kolaches and promise of an adult beverage once they are done will persuade them to do a good job!

I will also look into the Dry Acid and let you know what i find.

So there has been a lot going on in the past few days...

Back wall is complete - However they have to redo the columns bc i am OCD and they were not done correctly:
My%20column%20looks%20drunk_zpse6ifyaos.jpg

Coping is now completed and looks great except for a few pieces that really stand out - already talked to PB and he is going to have them switch them out. Listen i know its natural rock and there are variations but when there is only 6 pieces on a 116 ft perimeter - we can replace them see if you can spot the two here in this pic:
Tile%20to%20be%20replaced_zps6scaj2r6.jpg

Ledge stone hasnt been placed around the spa but will be done once the decking is in - I guess this is normal!

Update on Outdoor kitchen - Sat down with the builder we laid out the plans and dimensions for the outdoor kitchen - we are going to use my same brick for the outside of the walls - the inside of the walls we will use the same Onyx ledgestone as the back of the pool - Custom made wooden doors with dark stain and iron detailing - Iron door under pizza oven - DCS 36 grill with rotisserie Model # BGCS36-BQAR - Chicago Brick oven Pizza - Travertine floors and granite countertop.

Just picked out this granite counter-top - so excited:

Granite%20Counters_zpsw8cpbikk.jpg

We also decided to have the counter rounded slightly on the pool side this will also allow for some small barstools to be placed on that side as well and we can add some Corbels for detail to hold up the ledge of the granite slab - the markings on this slab is going to look amazing!

I see that the two smaller pieces are lighter and smoother looking and do not blend as well.

I columns I am not sure I see anything wrong unless you do not like how the corner has gaps.

That counter top...................oh wow that is pretty!

Kim

The first clean up crew showed up today - finally some of the trash has left my yard. The guy can by to measure for gutters on the back of the house - things are progressing quickly!!! It's getting exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do the other corners seam up better? Can they use a colored grout or caulk to make it look better? I don't think it looks bad.

Now the two light, smooth stones........got to go!

Clean up and gutters being done??????? OH YEAH!

Kim

It could be decking today...a truck just pulled up in front of our house and there is an entire crew making their way to my back yard - Fingers crossed - stay tuned!

CONFIRMED - Decking starts today!!! OMG this is really happening fast - So Excited!

I will upload some pics later but not much has changed picture wise...They came in late last week and did the first cleanup which can i just say that i so appreciated that this weekend. They came Saturday and installed our gutters on the back of the house...Guys came Sunday and installed the gas line for the outdoor kitchen. Was told deck guys will be here Tuesday - not Monday - Oh well whats one day - right? The stone guys should be out after the decking to add ledgestone around spa and fix the column. Then i believe it will be time for some WetEdge Pebble to be applied!!!!

So next on the list:
Decking
Column fix and add ledge to spa
install heater
WetEdge Pebble - We have chosen New Zealand Blue Pearl Matrix - Still on the fence with this - I want a beautiful blue with movement...But dont want it too dark as it gets hot here! Any suggestions?
Clean up
Fence Repair

OUTDOOR KITCHEN estimated time to completion - 7 days from start:
Cabinet Builder to frame up outdoor kitchen -this week
granite fabricated - already picked up slab -
order stone - Contractor to do this
order brick - Contractor to do this
Grill and accessories to arrive this week
Choose Travertine for patio floor - me this week

Ok here are some pics of where we are:

Took this one for you Kim - This mornings sun on the pool -
Aug3%20Sunrise_zpst5gvrh2d.jpg

Here are two from the side and the the corner of the deep end:
Aug%203%20side_zpsrvlcnvff.jpg

Aug%203%20from%20side_zpsczhggh8s.jpg

Back of the pool - will look much better with new sod and some landscaping:
back%20of%20pool_zps212tnjpe.jpg

Equipment - Heater still needs to be installed
Equipment_zpsseasvq38.jpg

Panel_zps4jjhwk6t.jpg

Outdoor Kitchen

Current State:
Before%20Kitchen_zpsmemfyyss.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.