YAY!!! New Pool Build in Progress - Tomball TX - Bring on the expert advice!

I am on it! Contacted HomeAdvisor and they are sending over two roofing contractors that are going to bid on fluting the pizza oven through the roof. This will allow for us to build it in next to a grill and add a counter space for barstools - I have created a new drawing of what I want - let me know what you all think:

IMG_9631_zpsnzl5tcdw.jpg

IMG_9630_zpsdo8jesme.jpg

I think that is the best design yet! A couple thoughts...

1. If you need to put a place for meat that needs to be cooked etc... That would have to go on the bar area because there isn't much room between the grill and pizza oven. Not that that is a problem or not just something to think about...
2. I love this design the best. One possible option is to not bend the bar into an L shape but instead make it straight to the next column. That will give you more floor space and the four bar height chairs will all be pool side.
3. This design is great too because the cooking appliances are so close to the door going into the house. I have to go in and out probably 10 times while I am grilling so to me this is more convenient.

Thanks ummgood - I like it too - the only reason i didn't run it all the way across to the next column was to allow access to the deck and spa without having to walk around - However once i have a professional help me design it may change a little. I like the fact that it gives a little bit of privacy as well from the kitchen window to the spa/deck area from inside the house. You know us adults don't always want to be in line of sight from the kiddos! :) Also, great advice with counter and meats...I have flip flopped the grill and pizza oven location to allow Steve better access to meats for the grill utilizing the counter space!

Thanks guys fro encouraging me to "spend more money" "KIM" but this will give us the look we have been wanting and allow us to keep all the deck space we have! The first contractor will be here in 20 minutes - keep you all posted.

Ok so here i changed the drawing again to add the straight counter with the barstools looking out toward the pool - which is a better view :) Great birthday gift to my husband - get to grilling!

Cant get the pic to rotate - Sorry!

IMG_9632_zpsnzhah65u.jpg

Ok so here i changed the drawing again to add the straight counter with the barstools looking out toward the pool - which is a better view :) Great birthday gift to my husband - get to grilling!

IMG_9632_zpsnzhah65u.jpg

THIS! I love it! Ummmmmgood has the right idea about the counter space for the grill

Now on one will have their back to the TV as two were with the L bar.

Hey now what are internet friends for if not to help you spend money! LOL

Now I really think you can just make a pipe for the pizza oven that does NOT have to go through the roof. That will also allow you to move it if you ever wanted to. I was just seeing you adding to the pipe so that it jutted to the side and up.

See by having/allowing others input you will get ideas you have not thought of or if you did the money of it stopped you. Be letting others "help" you get an idea of what it should be like. LOL

HUGS!

Kim

You guys nailed it! Just met an awesome contractor and he is going to build us an amazing outdoor kitchen. The pipe has to be straight and does have to go through the roof as thats the way Chicago Brick Ovens are made and intended - no bends - maximizes heat and disbursement.

Here is the sample kitchen pic we showed him and he already quoted us on price...Keep in mind we are sticking with our same shape as described above - basically this picture is just showing you materials to be used:

He also recommended a Custom Bench storage unit under the TV area to store Pool toys and cushions and is a gift from him - FREE - for giving him our business!

Capture27_zpstcl0ygr8.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

IMG_9632_zpsnzhah65u.jpg

What is the box with an x at the corner of the counter? If it's just empty space you could put a cabinet there that would open from the pool side.

If it's a mechanical chase, what's it for?

So on that note of storing the pool chems - Please advise how you guys do it...Especially if you live in HOT Houston! I know the garage is a no-no - And a special little tool shed in the backyard is a no go for me as we don't have room for it...so whats left - keep in mind i have a nosey little 5 yr old boy in the house along with two other teen boys!

Remember above how i said the contractor is going to build me the custom wooden bench that has hinges so that you can open from the top - which should be about 7 feet long...I could potentially lock one of them and store them there??????

Amazon.com: Rubbermaid Plastic Vertical Outdoor Storage Shed, 17-Cubic Foot: 25 x 30 x 72 inches (FG374901OLVSS): Patio, Lawn Garden

Or this one

Amazon.com: Rubbermaid 5E39 Extra Large Deck Box with Seat, Sandstone: Patio, Lawn Garden

BUT you canNOT keep the muriatic acid any where near the chlorine.

I like the upright better because you will have a shelf for each item. The long one will be like a toy box. Things get lost on the bottom .

I would save the box he is making for toys and such. Oh wait what about water+wood? Don't want to ruin the wood.

I see plastic deck boxes for you LOL

Anything you put your chlorine and MA in will need to be vented as in not closed up tight as a drum. I have the long one I posted and it does fine for my chlorine. I can put 8 2.5 jugs in it if I wanted.

Kim

So Kim if I get the same one as you - the taller one (right)? Can I put the chlorine and MA both in there just not on the same shelf or not at all? Just want to make sure I understand.

Good call on the wet pool toys in a deck box - I will clarify with him. I would assume we wouldn't put them in their soaking wet but maybe at the end of the evening :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.