PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! Please please please

Jul 19, 2015
Fenton MI
Ok so my water is clear. But at the bottom there is this orangish brown stuff that fills the entire bottom of my pool after shocking it!!! I have no idea what's going on. I have to vacuum it, but the vacuum my mother got is not good at all. It takes hours and hours to do it. My pool isn't even that big. I need to prevent this from happening, my pump works perfectly fine too. My water is clear but at the bottom it's filled with that brown orange stuff, is it the shock? Or algae .... Idk but I need help ASAP! I'm trying to make it look good for my mother.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 79
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to have to tell you this but I'm in agreement with the others here, it's algae and you need to KILL it.

Can you give us some background, like how you have been chlorinating the pool, and how you have been testing? What did you use to shock the pool, and how much?

Also, can you get a tape measure & measure the diameter and water depth? We need this info to calculate water capacity.

Don't worry, we can help you through this but unfortunately it's going to take time, patience & a lot of bleach!

Step #1..... Get a recommended test kit on order.

Step #2..... Read the Pool School links that have been posted.

Step #3..... Ask questions before you do anything you are not 100% sure of, and before you add anything other than bleach (chlorine) to your pool.

Dom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.