Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! Please please please

1. Back To Top    #1

Exclamation PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! Please please please

Ok so my water is clear. But at the bottom there is this orangish brown stuff that fills the entire bottom of my pool after shocking it!!! I have no idea what's going on. I have to vacuum it, but the vacuum my mother got is not good at all. It takes hours and hours to do it. My pool isn't even that big. I need to prevent this from happening, my pump works perfectly fine too. My water is clear but at the bottom it's filled with that brown orange stuff, is it the shock? Or algae .... Idk but I need help ASAP! I'm trying to make it look good for my mother.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Coleman above ground pool, came with the pump, about 4 1/2 feet deep, I do not know anything else about it really. ):

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! Please please please

Your pool is laden with algae and can certainly be fixed, but I am afraid not in the time frame you are thinking. I would guess 5-7 days to get it clear, does that work for you?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

It's only at the bottom, are you positive it's algae? And can I vacuum it. My buddy went in the vacuum the middle and he said it feels mucky

- - - Updated - - -

What do I need to do?
    Coleman above ground pool, came with the pump, about 4 1/2 feet deep, I do not know anything else about it really. ):

4. Back To Top    #4

Definitely looks like algae to me. You can drain and refill to get rid of most of it. But, either way yoj will need a TF100xl test kit from TFTestkits.net and when you get the kit Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain the pool to kill the algae.

Read up a little in Pool School, start with Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to have to tell you this but I'm in agreement with the others here, it's algae and you need to KILL it.

Can you give us some background, like how you have been chlorinating the pool, and how you have been testing? What did you use to shock the pool, and how much?

Also, can you get a tape measure & measure the diameter and water depth? We need this info to calculate water capacity.

Don't worry, we can help you through this but unfortunately it's going to take time, patience & a lot of bleach!

Step #1..... Get a recommended test kit on order.

Step #2..... Read the Pool School links that have been posted.

Step #3..... Ask questions before you do anything you are not 100% sure of, and before you add anything other than bleach (chlorine) to your pool.

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!