How Long do You Run your Filter Each Day?

Dupes

Jun 26, 2015
Somerset, NJ
Hi, All!

This is my first post. Thanks to all for the great info.

i have a new AG 10000 gal pool. How long should I run my filter each day under normal operation?

is there a best time of day to run it?

thanks in advance.

Dupes

There really is not any firm fixed amount of time to run your pump. Run it for as long as it takes to keep the top of the water skimmed of things floating on it. Usually, about a 4 hour run time is sufficient, but it depends on your surroundings. If you have lots of trees that drop leaves in it, you may need to run it longer. Or if there is a construction site down the road that causes lots of dirt in the air and the wind blows it in, then you might have to run it longer.

The best time of day is not really of any consequence, unless you have tiered price electricity. In which case Iwould say run it when its cheapest.

Here is a pool school article about it.
Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

I'll second that article - it's the one I used to determine my pump run time and it's waaaay less than what I used to do. Just keep in mind that you will need to make exceptions for things like pool parties and blown-in storm debris.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.