Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How do I determine my free hot tub's age?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question How do I determine my free hot tub's age?

Hi all! We located a free hot tub in our area through Craig's List. It was missing the outer cabinet, so I cannot find the spa maker name and/or model. It has the older Brett Aqualine controls, seats 7, with the molded lounger, 6 jets plus 3 flat pillow jets or whatever they are called... Grey swirled acrylic (I think) shell inside. Definitely not plaster. Is there a date code on motor or shell somewhere?
    if I can figure our how to upload photo using my iPad, I will do so. Thanks for suggestions. It is difficult to find replacement parts, as it's been hit or miss without the model number or knowing which BA motor we have.
    Last edited by Alecia; 07-19-2015 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Corrected material

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How do I determine my free hot tub's age?

Welcome to TFP Alecia,

I'm sorry to have no idea, but perhaps someone will see this with a bump and get an answer for you. Enjoy the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

good morning, here is how to post pictures Posting Photo's Tutorial

could you post pic's, maybe someone will see it and know what it is
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    I hope these help. I have narrowed it down somewhat... The Brett Aqualine control panel appears to be an EM203T, I think. Which narrows down the age to between 1983-1991. I believe. I think I mentioned above that it's a 7 man, although it's not comfortable with that many in it....we've tried! ��. It has the 3 pillow type or flat jets, whatever those are called, and 6 other jets. The whole tub cabinet was essentially restructured when we got it home, reinforcing it with 2x4's and surrounding it with vinyl siding. Thus, I cannot locate any other manufacture info such as model number to help me determine which flippin' spa filters to use! Lol.

If you see that my above assumptions are incorrect, please feel free to correct me. I am here seeking knowledge!

thanks for the help.
    Alecia

Planning a gunite salt water pool, estimating 18'x36'-ish. Free standing spa, not attached. Poolside cabana with bathroom, changing room, covered seating area, and bar area with mini kitchen. That's the plan anyway.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

6. Back To Top    #6

I think I will email them. Thanks for the research. I'm not sure that the filters in it are the correct ones, but they should be able to point me towards the answer. Thanks again!
    Alecia

Planning a gunite salt water pool, estimating 18'x36'-ish. Free standing spa, not attached. Poolside cabana with bathroom, changing room, covered seating area, and bar area with mini kitchen. That's the plan anyway.