Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Guess who's back...

1. Back To Top    #1

Coastalish 'down easter'

Guess who's back...

Hi guys

As some may know, I had to be absent from here for a couple of weeks (my mother broke her leg in 3 places and I went to help her when she got released from the hospital )

Mom's doing as well as can be expected (she can't put any weight on her left leg for 4 months while the brittle old bones mend) and I left her to the care of home health aids, physical therapists and friends last Saturday as I went to pick up my 11 year old daughter for our annual "winter vacation" week together.

Though I missed participating on TFP, I knew that 17 days would leave me with a backlog of posts to check and take a few hours to read/ answer, so I didn't log on til Wed. (having only a couple weeks/ year to be with my daughter makes every moment I get to spend with her all the more precious) Now I'm free of my duties as both a son and a father and can once again turn my ~full attention to pools :P

I'd like to thank the folks who PMed me for their support and well wishes (mom appreciates them too) - some of my best friends are on this site and even though we may never meet face- to -face, I appreciate all of you who have become my friends via this site

Now let's all have a BIG group hug and get back to helping folks with their pools

Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

2. Back To Top    #2
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Re: Guess who's back...

Wow Ted, I had no idea, but glad to hear your mom is on the mend! Welcome back!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner

3. Back To Top    #3
    Northern Middle Tn.

You're a good son and father. Glad you're back. Hope your mom has a full recovery.

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

4. Back To Top    #4
    South Carolina

Glad to have you back with us and hope your mom has a full recovery!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Covington, Georgia

Dang Waste !!

Sorry to hear about your mother and her leg. I hope she gets well soon. I broke my tibia and fibula bones in my lower leg in 1995 and was on crutches for 9 months before they put into a walking cast! It takes time for bad breaks to heal so she needs to be patient ... I know what she is going through !!

On the other hand welcome back !!!
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Evans, GA

Hi Ted,

Wow poor Mom! I hope she is on the mend and back up and around soon. Glad to have you back. I been MIA myself. Just so glad it's almost SPRING!!
    *~ Laura ~*
    27x52 Aquasphere Conquest AGP (approx.17,100 gal)
    1 HP Pentair Dynamo Pump & SD-40 Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    BBB User- Salt Added