DEFECTIVE WARNING: Dolphin Oasis Z5

mpk1970

May 14, 2013
Today I went to use my Z5 for only the 4th time since receiving it couple months ago. During the 3rd use I noticed something strange. Every half hour I would have to turn the power supply box back "on" as it shut itself "off"
When I plugged it in today it started for about 3 seconds, then turned off. Now it doesn't even turn on at all.

Seems as if the power supply box was defective. This truly is a concern going forward. While I know Maytronics or EpicPoolSUpply will furnish a new power supply box its that fear moving forward after year 3 when the warranty expires that I will have issues.

I wanted to give ebody the heads up so you can do your own due diligence and at least know of my problem. Could be this is isolated but I'm dumbfounded why no problems the first two times?

Well, I certainly have no connection or interest in Dolphin but I am not sure DEFECTIVE WARNING is an apt title. Have you been able to diagnose the power supply? Have you spoken with customer service to give them a chance to work with you?

Again, I have no interest either way but I know there are lot's of folks on this forum that have working Z5's and imagine they will chime in soon.

I called Maytronics. They sent me a brand new power supply box now no problems. This new PS box has indicator when the cartridges are full so obviously a newer model. my old PS box didnt have that.
It was not a problem whatsoever. Called Maytronics and had new PS box in 3 days. They didn't even want the old one back.

I have read in other places not to leave the PS box outside. Could be because I'm in S. FLA that the heat destroyed the components inside despite the fact it was never facing the sun.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.