Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: broken part need help identifying.

1. Back To Top    #1

broken part need help identifying.

IMG_1053[1].jpg

Where being pointed to is where a crack is, sorry i cannot get the other pictures to upload.

I will say that i see its a Polaris part, but i am not sure what it is, and what to look up for replacement.

If you have any inside on this part/piece please let me know
    TF-100 Tester
    12000 gallon salt water pool with pebble siding.
    DE Filter.
    In ground pool in hot Arizona.
    Circupool SJ Series Salt water generator.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: broken part need help identifying.

Looks like a Paramount floor cleaner valve.

3. Back To Top    #3

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

@richard320 would you recommend just buying the housing or all new parts and such? Its about a $150 difference so id like an expert opinion before making the purchase. Thanks
    TF-100 Tester
    12000 gallon salt water pool with pebble siding.
    DE Filter.
    In ground pool in hot Arizona.
    Circupool SJ Series Salt water generator.

5. Back To Top    #5

I have no idea. I just looked in the visual encyclopedia to get the official name of that part and used google. I've never actually seen one of those things in the flesh.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

If the housing is broken, then that may mean something is wrong inside too? The sun out here in AZ is notoriously brutal too, so it may be better to just get an entirely new one.

Of course, you could take it apart and see how the internal mechanisms are doing too (how springy they are). See How to Replace a Caretaker 99 In-floor Cleaning System (Re-Build Kit) - YouTube

Ebay might be useful too for cheaper parts...
    NEW POOL: 11k IGP, Pebbletec, Hayward Pro-Grid 3620 D.E. Filter, 1HP Pentair?/Emerson
    OLD POOL: 12.3k IGP, Pebbletec, Pentair 60 D.E. Filter, 1HP Pentair/Emerson + 1HP Pentair waterfall, Pentair IC40, and borated