Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: "Second" opening of the season

1. Back To Top    #1

Bossier City, Louisiana

Post "Second" opening of the season

We FINALLY went ahead and hired someone to open our pool for the season. We are first-time pool operators & the pool was worse than the average! A lot of money later, we were swimming...for about two weeks. We then lost electricity for a month, I'm sure everyone can guess what happens next! No pump equals nasty, green water, AGAIN!! I'm wondering (since it isn't near as bad) if we need to treat it again as we did for the opening? What should we do??

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: "Second" opening of the season

Do what these people did: Recovering my old inspirational links - Page 2 The most recent link I posted is the last, and then you can move back in time by scrolling up.

In short: they followed this technique: Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

Re: "Second" opening of the season

Please add a signature line to your profile like mine below detailing your pool specs so we can help you better. Welcome!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!