Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do I need to SLAM, or just breathe a moment?

1. Back To Top    #1

Do I need to SLAM, or just breathe a moment?

I test my water every day (mostly), and I've noticed that some days my CC hits 1 (or between .5 and 1, since I use 10ml sampling for my tests), but not consistently. Check out my sig for historical test results---I did my test today much later in the day that I normally do (normally I test 9-10AM) as we were out of town yesterday evening and today during the day, and in addition to my results, I had a LOT of leaves, acorns, and crepemyrtle flowers/pods in the pool and in the polaris, so I'm thinking this could account for the slightly elevated numbers...I really don't want to SLAM if it's not a sure issue in the making, but I don't want to discount it either without tossing my numbers out here.

What do you think?
    17.4k gallon IG pool with attached spa (spa itself is 730gal), Super Blue Diamondbrite plaster, Circupool SI-45+ SWG, BH/Hayward Cartridge Filter, 2hp 2speed Hayward Super II pump, , Jandy Valves, Waterway Skimmers, Rheem 400k Heater, Polaris 360 cleaner, built 2000+-, replastered June 2015, TF-100 kit---Here's my pool test reading history

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Do I need to SLAM, or just breathe a moment?

Update --- I hadn't had a chance to empty the skimmers out before I tested...WOW they were completely full of leaves, pretty much to the point of being blocked off...I think maybe that along with the hard rain storm that came in last night while we were out might explain the variance today, but I'm open to confirmations/counterpoints.
    17.4k gallon IG pool with attached spa (spa itself is 730gal), Super Blue Diamondbrite plaster, Circupool SI-45+ SWG, BH/Hayward Cartridge Filter, 2hp 2speed Hayward Super II pump, , Jandy Valves, Waterway Skimmers, Rheem 400k Heater, Polaris 360 cleaner, built 2000+-, replastered June 2015, TF-100 kit---Here's my pool test reading history

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Do I need to SLAM, or just breathe a moment?

Relax man. I think you're fine.

All too often we will all see CC's now and then. Most always, there is a good reason for it, such as a full skimmer or whatever.
    If there is any doubt, then just do a OCLT (with a clean skimmer!)
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!