Intel 12in by 30ft

Jul 18, 2015
Bedford In
We just recently bought an index 12 by 30 easy set up pool. Could someone tell me what the best kind of chemicals to use for it? Also how much to use? This is our first pool and my 4 year old daughter is ready to get it set up but I have no idea what to get for it! Thank you!

Welcome! :wave:

There's a special article in pool school just for you: Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools

If you need help deciphering the terms: Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

You will need at the very least a two-way drop test kit, about ten bucks. You can buy a bigger and better and more expensive kit if you want, but don't bother with the test strips.

Did the pool come with any sample products? You will need some stabilizer aka CYA, but your pool is so small that a 4 lb canister is overkill. You won't need a ten year supply. The manufacturer says Water capacity at 80 percent: 1,485 gallons. To raise CYA, two 8 oz trichlor pucks would do it. Some pool stores sell them individually wrapped, or if you have a friend, relative, or neighbor who uses pucks, they'll have a bucket full. Beg or buy a couple.

Re: Intex 12in by 30ft

Make sure you have a truly level surface to set the pool up.

Read
Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools

You can also read more in Pool School if you want a more thorough understanding of pool chemistry - a 1000 gallon pool is not very different from a 40,000 gallon pool as far as basic chemistry and sanitation.

No it didn't come with any samples. I am hoping we can get it level enough! I believe from what I read we will need a test kit bleach and cyanuric acid.. We are hoping to get it all figured out and put up tomorrow!

Sadly we didn't even get to the chemical part. Our ground is just too uneven. After about 6-12 inches we realized it just wasn't going to work. I have an extremely upset 4 year old. Unfortunately we can't really do much to the yard as we are renting so we are going to try and build a platform. Fingers crossed we can get it up and going so my daughter can finally swim in the pool she's been begging for all summer :/

Sadly we didn't even get to the chemical part. Our ground is just too uneven. After about 6-12 inches we realized it just wasn't going to work. I have an extremely upset 4 year old. Unfortunately we can't really do much to the yard as we are renting so we are going to try and build a platform. Fingers crossed we can get it up and going so my daughter can finally swim in the pool she's been begging for all summer :/

Unfortunately, "level enough" is usually a sign that a lot of work is going to be involved. Sorry that the little one is sad but better safe than sorry. Hopefully, she can get to swim before summer is over. Perhaps, there is a water park nearby that will suffice until the platform is complete. Speaking of platform, remember 1 gallon weighs 8.3 lbs so make certain that whatever platform you are contemplating can hold the weight of 1,485 gallon of water.

Goof luck and welcome to the forum!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.