Pressure Side Cleaner Run Times

Jul 18, 2015
Katy TX
I'm 1 year into being a happy pool owner and still trying to figure things out.

Question about Pressure Side Cleaner run times:

I have a Letro Legend Platinum and have it running everyday for 1.5 hours in the morning and 1.5 hours in the afternoon. For the most part the bag is fairly empty.

How long should I run the cleaner?

Does my 2x daily approach make sense?

Should I run it the same amount of time (3 hours) but do it consecutively and not split like I do now?

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Thanks!

First welcome to the forum!

The amount you run your cleaner is entirely up to you. It is only about aesthetics and related to your own personal tolerance of "stuff" in the pool.

For the most part the bag is fairly empty.
More importantly, is it leaving more stuff behind than what it picks up?

As for split time, it probably won't make that much difference. Again, it is only about your personal preference. There is no "right" answer.

I run my cleaner 1 hour per day and it still leaves stuff behind but I expect that and it really doesn't bother me.

Way too many variables to establish a right amount to run a pool cleaner. Size of the pool, depth of pool, amount of debris, size and pressure of the pump, etcetera. What ever is right also depends on pool owner's level of OCD.

Thank you for all the feedback.

Regarding "cleaning", is there anything more to cleaning the pool with the cleaner other than a visual inspection? In other words, if it sucks up some visible debris (leaves, twigs, etc...), I can see it is working. However, the pool is almost always clean (nothing visible) and the bag needs emptying only once every couple of weeks or so. Does it do any good to run the cleaner when there is no visible debris? The little scrubber on the end of the tail continually wears out and I wonder if I'm running it too often or too long? Is the scrubber at the end of the tail even necessary or helpful?

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.