Any words of encouragement before I return this Circupool?

Todd S

Jun 28, 2015
Ocean Springs MS
I ordered an SI-20 from Discount Salt Pool and received an SJ-30. I was told it was an upgrade by the warehouse (?). Upon installation, I the unit would not power on. I called support and they asked me to open the control system. We discovered that one of the internal power wires was disconnected. After reconnecting, the unit would not run on 25%-50% on polarity 1 for more than a minute or so. SGS (the manufacturer) replaced the control system. No change. They then replaced the cell. I just ran the unit overnight at 100% and lost 1ppm, the same that I lose without it running at all. There is a "cloud" in the cell when running. I can maintain chlorine if it runs on Super CL (boost) mode 24 hours a day. This shouldn't be the case for a 30,000 gallon SWG on a 16,000 gallon pool.

FC 10 (was 11 last night)
CC 0
pH 7.8
TA 70
CH 190
Salt 4100

What's your CYA level? I don't think it's problematic since it appears you aren't generating any chlorine, but I'm curious just in case it's low and you're losing chlorine to the sun...

CYA is at 80-90 according to the Taylor kit. I bleached the FC up to 12 this morning and the SWG has been able to hold it there all day, albeit under clouds and on Super CL mode.

Right off the bat I'd suggest running an OCLT. If you're losing 1ppm FC overnight, it likely isn't the SWCG that's the problem. If you run a good OCLT you'll be able to rule out any organic issues and then we can concentrate on the unit.

They SWG system in general is a good system, but quality control is really what makes or breaks a brand.

I agree. I got mine and the control unit had a dent in it where the power wire goes into the grommet. I emailed them pictures, and they refunded me 50 bucks. I obviously tested the unit before I accepted the 'scratch and dent' deal.

I too, have the SI30, and about 14k of water. I run mine at about 40%, and my pool gets about 10 hours of direct sunlight. It seems to run flawlessly, with just some minor adjustments every few days. Unless there is something really eating up your FC overnight, I'd say you got a dud.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.