Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Krystal clear

1. Back To Top    #1

Krystal clear

Well I just recently joined I have not posted anything just been reading forums and the pool school I started using the pool calculator I just started using bleach instead of the 3 inch pucks an shock I would have started sooner but my girlfriend didn't like that idea of adding bleach to the pool I finally convinced there after our recent trips to the pool store and the guy said I needed to buy about $300 with chemicals to get my pool clear and he said it was still going to take a while so this week we started using bleach and now my pool is crystal clear I have a little cheap test kit from Walmart I am going to purchase the tf100 but I'm a little short on money right now I hope my pool can last about 2 weeks I'm just going to keep up on the chlorine and my ph I ran out of the cya test in my cheap test kit last time I checked it was in the 35-40 range but for now I would like to thank everybody because all the information provided does help even if you don't ask for it I just hope I never have to slam my pool
    Attached Images Attached Images
    6k gallons,1648 Intex AB,.95hp intex sand filter mod 28651eg, set up may 2015

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Krystal clear

Way to go! That IS crystal. Very nice. Let's enjoy this hot TX sun. Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

Nice pool! And awesome first post!

Keep your chlorine level at or above target for your CYA and the Chlorine CYA Chart and you will be good to go.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

What is your recommendation for the cya level I get direct sunlight till about 5 o'clock in the afternoon

5. Back To Top    #5

My pool is under some crazy TX sun from 7:00am until about 8:30pm. No shade. My CYA is at 50 and I just added another 20oz to get closer to 60.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.

6. Back To Top    #6

How often do you check your pool since your cya is at 50

7. Back To Top    #7

Me personally, I check my FC everyday. I never want to run the risk of an algae attack. PH maybe every 2-3 days or so (it's been very steady for a while). TA every week or so. CYA I test every 3-4 weeks if there's been a major change in water (rain or water exchange). CH once a season or so. That's just me.

Here is the official TFP recommendation: Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

8. Back To Top    #8

Yeah I've read that one I check it every day at least twice in the afternoon and night cuz I still lose quite a bit of chlorine but I think that's because of my cya we're just started adding some today it dropped my PH to a 7.2