Pool tile replacement

bswicht

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 2, 2014
Middletown, MD
We're experiencing problems with the pool tile coming loose from our gunite pool. I had one PB come out and he estimated it would cost about $7000 to replace the tile on a 20 x 40 pool with in-pool hot tub. That estimate is including $1200 tile allowance. He said while not all the tile are loose, enough are to warrant a complete removal. If we want caulking around the pool, it will cost $800 more.
Does this sound like a fair price? The pool is about 15 years old, so it's probably time to fix the tile.
Also does any know of a decent repair person who can replace tile in Frederick, MD?

I suggest that you get several other bids. Don't ask pool builders, who will just farm the work out to others, but ask around for someone that plasters pools. I'm in Texas, so I suspect we are not talking apples to apples, but I recently had two pools redone. One got new coping, new tile, and new pebble plaster and it was right around $7k. The other was just new tile and plain white plaster for $4K. It can't hurt to get more bids..

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.