-We've had rain for about 3 weeks (Southern Indiana) so little sun, viturally no pool use and tons of rain water into pool
-Pump Runs 24/7
-40K Gallon Pool
-Backwash and rinse weekly
-We use chlorine pucks from Dohenys or Kem-Tek pucks from Amazon
-Use liquid shock (haven't put any in in a couple weeks due to raining)
-Kem-Tek 60-Percent Concentrated Algaecide from Amazon (havent' put any in for a couple weeks due to raining)
-Pool visuals look fine except still cleaning up leaves and junk from rain
Today is first sunny hot day in weeks and I tested the water
I'm using a Taylor K-2006
Free Chlorine = 14
Combined Chlorine = 0
PH = 7.4
Total Alkalinity = 120
CYA = >100 (i tried the diluted method and that only got me to the words "CYA" on the scale)
First and foremost my concern is whether its safe to swim as is.
What do i do about the high FC and high CYA. (I say high FC because i thought 5 was high but maybe test strips use a differnt scale)
It strikes me as odd that that the CC came back at Zero.
I'm shoked PH and TA was OK.
Thanks in advance