It's been a while....and we need guidance!

graffster

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 19, 2008
Hi there! It's been a while since i've been on this forum. (True confessions: :cool: we cheated and started using a pool guy.) But we realized that he wasn't doing any better job than what we were able to do on our own. So we're taking it back over. We've had a lot of rain recently. So I have 2 questions:
1- My TFP Pool testing kit is a couple of years old now...how long are the testing chemicals good for? Should i just get a whole new test kit? :confused:
2- Here are my numbers....where do i start????? :confused:
CL is less than .5 (obviously fix this first!!)
pH is 7,8
CC's is 0
TA is 90
CH is 210
my CYA test is empty, but i've had trouble in the past keeping that up, so I feel confident in saying it's very low.

My signature line shows that we have a salt water generator, but we have had many issues with that in the past year, so we are treating it with chlorine tabs.

Thanks in advance for getting us back on track. I forgot how much I love this site!!!!!!! :D

Welcome!

I, of course, have self-interest but since you need the CYA reagent anyway, I would get a complete refill set and start fresh. 18 months from purchase is the expiration date on the old and it's probably not worth trying to limp along.

Tonight, put a full jug of Clorox in your pool. Do that each night until your CYA reagent gets in and then report that test. We'll go from there.

Since we still have to guess a little on your CYA, a small (96 oz) jug of Clorox will work. That'll be safe and you may very well see some improvement until your refills get in. (Thank you for the business)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.