Hi everyone. Pool garden from Phoenix, Arizona here

Hello all. I have a 15k gallon pool with a Hayward Swim Pure salt system. I have had a local pool supply check my water. It all reads good with a 3600 ppm on the salt. (A little high). Display on the control board says 2600 ppm with a solid no flow light. I think the mother board or the flow switch is bad. Any ideas? I am thinking of getting rid of the salt system and going back to a chemical system. (Salt system is 5 years old. It might start going bad soon) Good idea or not?

Hello PG and welcome to TFP! I'm not educated on your specific SWG, but they (cells) certainly do have a limited service life, and I seem to recall 4-5 years being in that range. Others will confirm, but you may want to read this as well: Pool School - Salt Water Chlorine Generators.

VERY Important: You must stop using the pool store for your testing. Go to this site TFTestkits.net and you will find two outstanding choices (TF-100 or Taylor K-2006. That is the foundation of everything you do. Please consider getting one of those.

If you do convert to manual feeding of chlorine by using just regular bleach, no problem. Always refer to this chart: Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart for assistance.

Welcome, and let us know if you have any more questions.

Welcome to TFP!

Converting from SWG to manual feeding of chlorine is easy, as Texas Splash stated above. SWG vs. manual chlorination is simply a matter of personal preference. Both incur the about the same costs over a long-term time horizon.