Fair price on Weekly Pool Maintenance

Feb 27, 2009
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what a fair price on a weekly pool maintenance service would be for a pool approx 20' x 15'. I live in Central Fl.

(i'm not looking for bids here. i just would like to know what a fair price would be)

Me too. :mrgreen: That seems high...., but then I've never priced it out. I figure I spent less than that myself for all of last season so I just couldn't see myself paying someone that kind of money per week....good luck.

$85 seems ridiculous for Florida. I'd expect to see cleanings in the $35 range. Weekly service varies around here but is usually $40-65 + chems. Usually cheaper in Florida since they tend to have tighter groupings of clients, but I don't know what the situation is in your area.

When we were using a service (when we first moved here and before TFP) we paid $50 a week. I called several companies and he was the cheapest he was a independent pool guy (not associated with a store). Other prices ranged from $65-75 a week....I'm so glad we are able to now maintain our own pool :)
we are in Ohio...I would think FL would be cheaper

chris

Just thought I'd say "welcome to TFP!!" and give you a little food for thought.

A weekly service on a pool usually (!) takes ~ 30 min. Do you make $170/ hr??? :shock: Unless you have a very compelling reason to have a pool service do the weekly maintenance (like your job requires you to be away for days at a time or work sun up to sun down 6 days/ week), you will save $ and probably have better water if you do the maintenance yourself, following the methods advocated here. For less than the cost of one of their visits you can get the TF-100 test kit (link in my sig) and take a proactive approach to your pool! A couple minutes a day to test and dose the pool, empty the skimmer baskets and maybe 1/2 hour once a week for vacuuming and brushing and cleaning the filter, IF needed, and you've saved $$ and know what's going on with the pool and that it's safe for you and your family/ friends to swim in (just ask gtm {Gary} see this thread)

If you have someone else do the maintenance on your pool, you probably won't know what they are adding to adjust the chemistry nor be sure they are really caring for your pool properly - for a very small investment of your time, you can care for your pool MUCH BETTER than some dude who comes out once a week - just follow the advice here and ask us questions when you have them (the only stupid question is the one unasked :wink: )

Welcome to TFP and I hope you have a great season :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.