Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fair price on Weekly Pool Maintenance

1. Back To Top    #1

Fair price on Weekly Pool Maintenance

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what a fair price on a weekly pool maintenance service would be for a pool approx 20' x 15'. I live in Central Fl.

(i'm not looking for bids here. i just would like to know what a fair price would be)
    Artificial Palm Trees and NEW Palm Tree MAILBOX- http://www.xtremelytropical.com -- Get your mail delivered in the "tropics" and create your own backyard tropical oasis with your own artificial palm trees!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fair price on Weekly Pool Maintenance

To follow up... the best bid i found wat $85. this was from what i'd say was a middle of the road company.

any maintenance company like this should be able to provide a list of "happy customers," right?
    Artificial Palm Trees and NEW Palm Tree MAILBOX- http://www.xtremelytropical.com -- Get your mail delivered in the "tropics" and create your own backyard tropical oasis with your own artificial palm trees!

3. Back To Top    #3

I'd think they could provide some references at least.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

WOW $85 a week, I hope that is including any chemicals needed and a vacuum?

If I lived closer Id do it for half that
    13,000 IG Plaster, 2hp whisperflo pump, 48 sq in pentair DE Filter, 1 skimmer, 2 eyeball outlets, 200 sq ft solar panels on second story, Auto Pilot SWG-36, Polaris ATV Cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

Me too. That seems high...., but then I've never priced it out. I figure I spent less than that myself for all of last season so I just couldn't see myself paying someone that kind of money per week....good luck.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

6. Back To Top    #6

$85 seems ridiculous for Florida. I'd expect to see cleanings in the $35 range. Weekly service varies around here but is usually $40-65 + chems. Usually cheaper in Florida since they tend to have tighter groupings of clients, but I don't know what the situation is in your area.

7. Back To Top    #7

When we were using a service (when we first moved here and before TFP) we paid $50 a week. I called several companies and he was the cheapest he was a independent pool guy (not associated with a store). Other prices ranged from $65-75 a week....I'm so glad we are able to now maintain our own pool
    we are in Ohio...I would think FL would be cheaper

chris
    30-40yr old prehistoric IG gunite 20 X 40 approx 30000gals
    now with new cool blue Diamond Brite and blue waterline tile (looking good for 40yr old pool)
    new Hayward 244T sand filter, 3/4 Hayward pump, Jandy heat pump
    pool skim (love it)

8. Back To Top    #8

Sounds like i should definately keep looking...

thanks for the imput!

9. Back To Top    #9

Just thought I'd say "welcome to TFP!!" and give you a little food for thought.

A weekly service on a pool usually (!) takes ~ 30 min. Do you make $170/ hr??? Unless you have a very compelling reason to have a pool service do the weekly maintenance (like your job requires you to be away for days at a time or work sun up to sun down 6 days/ week), you will save $ and probably have better water if you do the maintenance yourself, following the methods advocated here. For less than the cost of one of their visits you can get the TF-100 test kit (link in my sig) and take a proactive approach to your pool! A couple minutes a day to test and dose the pool, empty the skimmer baskets and maybe 1/2 hour once a week for vacuuming and brushing and cleaning the filter, IF needed, and you've saved $$ and know what's going on with the pool and that it's safe for you and your family/ friends to swim in (just ask gtm {Gary} see this thread)

If you have someone else do the maintenance on your pool, you probably won't know what they are adding to adjust the chemistry nor be sure they are really caring for your pool properly - for a very small investment of your time, you can care for your pool MUCH BETTER than some dude who comes out once a week - just follow the advice here and ask us questions when you have them (the only stupid question is the one unasked )

Welcome to TFP and I hope you have a great season
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

10. Back To Top    #10

I second what Waste said!!!!!!