New member from Kentucky. Tks for letting me join your awesome group.

Thank you again Texas, you are always so helpful.

Yes he does kim, he's been awesome, as have you, and so many others, through this entire process.

Yeah I thought them (the PS)not carrying Taylor supplies was crazy too. Now one of the pool stores said they have you bring in your little empty bottle, and they mix it out of a gallon for you, but they don't do the R-0871, lol, go figure. (Does anyone know if these would be as accurate, as the individual reagents?)

The only 2 good things that have came out of today (other than visiting with you guys/gals here at TFP, of course), was I won $12 on Power Ball, but I was going to reinvest it, and the girl made a mistake on my new ticket, and it ended up costing me $30.

At one of the Pool Stores I went to they had Free Pool Water checker bottles, so I got one of those, but lol I dropped it in the pool trying to do my last check. It did finally float to the top, so I was able to retrieve it, but just smh, it's just been one of those days.

LOL The vacuuming didn't go too well today either. The 1st section on my cheap waste hose sprung a leak, wasting even more water, and less vac time having to come all the way around the pool with vac in hand. I got the pump shut off, got the hose duct taped, had to start all over again. On the next try, the pressure forced it to pop off completely, lol duct tape to the rescue once again to tape it to the piece coming out of the pump, then it sprang a 2nd leak, so I had to remove the duct tape, and throw it away.

Then I had to find another hose section to replace it because sections 3, 4, 5, 6, all already have their own little sprinkler systems going, but they're far enough away from me, and the electricity that I don't care lol. Got a different hose section, duct taped it to the piece on the pump, thinking not this time Ha ha. Once I started again, hose section 2 popped off from hose section 1, and water was flooding the entire pump area again, I had to go shut the pump off vac in tow from the other side of the pool again.

About 1/2 the pool has been vacuumed, and most of the center, (Not vacuumed Good, but some), I thought the other 1/2 needs to be hit soon, and quickly because I'm hurting like crazy, I need to lay down, and get my massively swollen feet propped up. I look and realize the water level is now too low to go again right now, plus there laid the power cord (the plug in part) in a big pile of water, so I hung it up to dry, and said to heck with it.

The vac removed maybe a buckets worth of algae out. I'm not sure how much more could be left in there at this point, but I suspect there's still some more in there. lol I couldn't keep the vacuum going long enough to make much progress at all. I really hate to have to hook up Ladybug, and vacuum to filter, because I don't want all that algae in my sand, and my lines, but with the way things are going today, I might just consider it. What are your thoughts on vacuuming to filter? The CC was .5 today and about a bucket worth of algae was removed after that. Should I try to hook up Ladybug to try to retrieve the rest to filter, or just let the LS work at getting rid of it for me? Thanks for the info. Have a Wonderful day!!!

For the sake of your feet/legs I would let your ladybug do the work. If need be you can buy new sand after your pool is clear but I bet you will not need to.

After she does her work or as much as she wants to do you should do a backwash and rinse of your filter. I know some say to wait for a 20% increase in pressure before backwashing but.......for me I just put all of that yucky stuff into my filter so I want it out!

Kim

Thank you kim. After putting some more water in it, and since my vac, hoses etc. were still in the pool at that time I did go ahead, and quickly hit the other side of the pool on Vac to waste, then refilled the water I lost. I got about another bucket of algae out, not a ton of it, but every little bit helps, and it's definitely better out than in. It was odd the location of that algae though, when it is brushed it is always brushed down the walls across the bottom, and towards the middle. My pool return is pointed down, and to the right, to attempt to send everything to the middle of the pool for quicker vacuuming. The bucketful that I got out the last time was right against the wall, directly underneath the skimmer? I'm not sure why that much accumulated there. When I do hook up the Ladybug I think I'm going to help her maneuver the wall perimeter because I think there is funky stuff lurking there. Thanks again for all your help. Have A Nice Night.

Yes kim, that's them. I agree they are really cute, like pogueld said, plus they work really good too so yeah 2 for $5 was a steal for sure. Your Wanda one is cute too, and I imagine they are about the same on their cleaning ability. I know a lot of people use the Polaris one and they see to have good reviews on it too.

When I 1st began the pool recovery process, I didn't know anything at all about vacuuming to waste. I'd always vacuumed to the pump. After removing a truckload of Yuck via leaf rake, from the bottom of the pool. I put Ladybug in the pool, let her go, and OH no, what a huge mistake that was. She no sooner got started, and hit a huge algae/gross area. Which was about all the bottom of the pool consisted of. She sucked up a ton o nasty, stinky, green, slimy, 3 yr old, rotted leaf, sticks, a bird carcass, feathers, and tons of algae debris. It went right into the filter, immediately filled, and overflowed the skimmer basket, and right back into the pool only. Only this time the algae was broken up, and scattered everywhere.

So I started searching because I knew there had to be another/better way, and that's when I ran across the info on vacuuming to waste. Vacuuming to waste works well, protects the pump, and the sand in the pump from filling with algae. But my goodness, it flat drains the water level quick. I still believe there has to be some other easier way of doing this without losing all that water, or flooding your pump with algae. I also have one of the small vacs that hooks to the garden hose, but lol ain't no way I'm getting in that pool right now to use it.

Anyway gals it's getting late and my eyes are getting heavy so off to bed I go. We had a huge storm tonight so I'm curious to see what it did to the pool. Have a wonderful Night, chat with you soon. .

It stormed all night long with heavy rainfall. I did put in 1 1/2 gal of 10% LS at last check last night because I had added a lot of water from the vac to waste, and I knew we were suppose to get hit hard with the rain. I did shut off the pump for the night after allowing the LS to circulate for about an hour, but I didn't want to risk the pump getting struck by lightening.

This morning the pool actually looks pretty good, I still can't see the bottom yet, but I hope to be able to in the near future. I think the hard rain actually stirred things up, distributed the chlorine around, possibly even better then the pump would have, plus it's cheaper lol. I turned on the pump, when I got up, brushed the pool, and added 1 gal of 10% LS to hopefully continue to maintain it at SLAM level. I will have to go buy more LS today because I'm on the last of the 5 cases that I purchased just a few days ago, but it's do the job which is the most important part. I also really hope my reagents arrive today, so I can see exactly where the chlorine level is at #wise, but if not, I plan on just doing what I'm doing because the pool seems to be coming along nicely. If I can get an accurate FC # today I'll post it, otherwise no news is good news, lol I hope. Have A Wonderful Day!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a pool FC situation, that I need help with please.!!!

I still have not gotten my reagents in yet today, but I did luckily manage to squeeze another FC/CC test out of the old bottle. Well since I've been blindly adding a gal of 10% every 3 or so hours, and apparently my levels were holding on there on so none was needed, I've now gotten my FC level too high.

FC is currently -22 ppm OUCH!!!!

Please let me know what I need to do to get this back down to my Slam level of 17. Should I add more water to help dilute it down- (also, my pool still seems to be losing water somewhere,so I suspect a leak somewhere, but haven't found it yet. It could be in the liner. I'm certain it's not in the hoses, and think that the amount I am losing is too much to be just evaporation? So water can always be added to it any time).

Should I put some kind of chemical in it to bring it down?

Or should I just allow the direct bright sun that is constantly hitting it today to lower it for me?

My CC-was 1, so I'm getting ready to Sic Ladybug on it, to try to get her to help find the algae culprits that are still lurking in the darkness.

Hoping the reagents arrive soon because I really need to be able to monitor the levels more closely to prevent too high, or too low, levels during this critical stage.

kim, lol yes I love free water, or anything free for that matter.
I don't have a date yet on my surg. The battery in my pain pump is scheduled to crock around the 1st part of Sept, (which is why I have to have this surg. and have them every 6 yrs forever), so they have to replace it by then, or I really will be in a mess. I suspect around the middle of August but I'm still waiting on them to call me back with the exact date.

LOL I'm hoping to be able to enter the pool before my surgery cause I probably won't be able to get in it for 6 wks after because of infection risks. My daughter, and military babies, are coming in the end of Aug, or 1st part of Sept from MD, so hopefully all will be good, and safe for my daughter, and grandbabies to splash around in there a bit while they are here.

Thank you all so much for your help and patience. You all, and the TFP site are just awesome. Have a Wonderful Day!!!

You are doing great! The FC level will fall on its own so you don't need to add anything or do anything. Here's hoping the reagents come soon...

Got ya on the battery needing changed. At least they are on top of it. Don't want that to run out for sure!

Your FC level is not too high. Some people will push it that high if they know they will be away from the pool during a SLAM for a while. No worries! Just don't go much higher LOL

Kim

Thank you both, you are both very kind. kim My real name is Brenda.

I have some pictures to post. I read the direction on how to do it, BUT lol, here I go again. I don't know how to get the Full Editor option to appear so I can click on it.

Also once I do locate the Full Editor option, I'm not 100% sure exactly what img location I'm suppose to put between the img tags. (DO I put the Site location that they are stored in, or each individual picture location?.

Anyway, 1st things 1st. LOL so my Quick Reply Screen doesn't have the Full Editor Option just sitting at the bottom like the picture in the explanation post did, which really IMO isn't fair to me at all lol. I've looked everywhere I could think to look for it, but still no luck at all. I think someone has either stolen, or I have lost my Full Editor Option. I know I haven't misplaced it because I never had it, so I think someone with sticky fingers has heisted it. LOL If anyone finds a Full Editor option just lying around somewhere please return because it is most likely MINE. LOL thank you, and Have A Nice Night !!! Brenda

Thank you both, you are both very kind. kim My real name is Brenda.

I have some pictures to post. I read the direction on how to do it, BUT lol, here I go again. I don't know how to get the Full Editor option to appear so I can click on it.

Also once I do locate the Full Editor option, I'm not 100% sure exactly what img location I'm suppose to put between the img tags. (DO I put the Site location that they are stored in, or each individual picture location?.

Anyway, 1st things 1st. LOL so my Quick Reply Screen doesn't have the Full Editor Option just sitting at the bottom like the picture in the explanation post did, which really IMO isn't fair to me at all lol. I've looked everywhere I could think to look for it, but still no luck at all. I think someone has either stolen, or I have lost my Full Editor Option. I know I haven't misplaced it because I never had it, so I think someone with sticky fingers has heisted it. LOL If anyone finds a Full Editor option just lying around somewhere please return because it is most likely MINE. LOL thank you, and Have A Nice Night !!! Brenda

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support