Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: what size SWG for a 25,000 gal pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

DFW Texas

what size SWG for a 25,000 gal pool?

I'm thinking of upgrading/converting to salt... I was wondering if I should get the 40 or the 60? In other words, is it good to go way oversize for better chlorine generation?
    7-10 year old In ground 25,000 gallons Plaster (quartz) W/ Spa & waterfall, DE filter Single speed pump, Racer cleaner, Leslie DPD #2004d test kit, IC40 SWG, ~40 ppm borate

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: what size SWG for a 25,000 gal pool?

yes it is better to go bigger. A bigger SWG will mean you can run it at a lower output. And that means a longer lifespan for the cell.
    The 60 would be preferable. The 40 would be suffient but wouldnt last as long.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Portage, MI

The general rule is to order a cell that is rated at twice your pool size. However, like me you are between sizes. I have a 22k Gallon pool and have the T-15. It has been able to adequately chlorinate our pool at 50% running 10 hours a day. I am a lot farther north than you, so I would wait to hear from someone closer to your location with a similar size pool (and I'm sure they will be here shortly!).
    22k gal, IG plaster pool, 1/2 hp Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump (P6E6C-204L), Sand Dollar Cristal-Flo 300# sand filter (CFII24), RayPak NG heater (P-R266A-MN-C), AquaRite T-15 SWG, Intermatic Hydro-King (T104P201), Aquabot Xtreme, Taylor K-2006

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Right now I am running my IC40 at 60% about 8 hours per day, 20k gallons. We swim every day and a lot on the weekend. Year 3, season 4. I am very happy with it.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach