Got my Taylor K2006 last Friday and got to prepping for a Saturday pool party. The pool had been covered for three days and I was alarmed to see so much green on the floor. I filled a pitcher with water for testing after I finished vacuuming, then set about cleaning up. It was surprising how easy the algae vacuumed up. Didn't need much brushing.
Once everything was clean it was time to break out the kit. I first took readings with the old kit using the pitcher water and then a fresh sample to see if there were any difference; I didn't see any.
FC 3.0 - 4.0 pH 7.6 - 7.8
FC 8ppm CC .8 ppm pH 7.4 TA 240 CYA one bajillion
I've got no idea what my CYA levels are. I filled the bottle to the 7mL line with water, then added R-0013 Cyanuric Acid Reagent to bring it to 14 mL, shook it real good, and started pouring it into the smaller of the integrated vials. I don't think I managed to put more than a half inch in before the black dot disappeared. It appears the markings are a logarithmic scale, so I'm guessing my CYA must be 1000. Not sure I believe this since I dumped about half the water a year or so ago.