Bulk borax

Which shipping companies did you contact? Did you contact Yellow Freight for a quote?

Problem is, it's a chemical. Chemical shipping is always more expensive than regular freight shipping. The facility I worked at in my former days ordered lots of bulk chemicals every month and I can tell you that the shipping was always a significant fraction of the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about Service Chemical Incorporated in Hatfield, PA they are supplier of Boric Acid. Maybe you could work a deal with them.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

While this is the right chemical, it looks like it might be powdered and not granular though it's hard to tell from the photo. Powder will tend to sit on top of the water and also blow too easily in wind. This is why even from Duda Diesel we recommend getting the granular and not the powdered form of boric acid.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

While this is the right chemical, it looks like it might be powdered and not granular though it's hard to tell from the photo. Powder will tend to sit on top of the water and also blow too easily in wind. This is why even from Duda Diesel we recommend getting the granular and not the powdered form of boric acid.

I just added 25 pounds of powdered boric acid to my pool and noticed the exact reaction that Cheem Geek said, it floated and it blew in the air with very little wind. I only added about one pound with this method before trying another method. With the rest of the boric acid, I just dumped the entire amount in my pool at one time on my sun shelf and all of it sunk to the bottom of the pool. I brushed it and in less than 10 minutes it was all dissolved.

The reason I got the powder form was because the supplier by me only had the powder form and I was able to pick it up to eliminate the shipping cost.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.