Questions on Zodiac MX6

Apr 14, 2013
Chandler, AZ
I've had my pool for about 2 years now and am looking to buy my first cleaner. I've been doing the manual vacuuming and sweeping to keep it clean, but now I'd like to have something do more of the grunt work for me.

I have a few questions for the brain trust here:

1. Anyone have any experience with Zodiax MX6? I think for the size of my pool, I don't need the bigger MX8 (nor the added expense).
  2. How do others use their cleaner? Do you leave it in all of the time (taking out for swimming) or do you only put in for a few hours when needed?
  3. If you only put it in as needed, how often do you put it in and how long do you leave it in? I'm thinking of once a week, when I'd normally vacuum my pool manually and instead put the vacuum in and come back a few hours later. Or I'd put it in during a dust storm and let the vacuum suck up all of the dust from the AZ summer monsoon storms, etc.

Thanks!
Bryan

i have seen both cleaners working and in a small pool i would lean towards the MX6.. Down under we leave the cleaners in the pool all year round but it depends on the debris that your pool collects. if it light then you may only have to run it a few times a week, ,this will come down to trial an error on your behalf to work out how long it takes to clean your pool. Remember the longer you run the cleaner the quicker you will wear out the gears an gogs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.