Hello! Thank you for accepting me into your group. :)

Hi, I have been a pool and indoor hot tub owner (In Long Island, NY) since 1987. My current pool is (SINCE 2006) 18 X 34 inground with a Hayward Salt Water (turbocell) Generator (purchased 2006) and my pump is Hayward. My pool has concrete walls with a vinyl linner. Since I will not cut down the shade trees in my yard, I have a heat pump installed (since 2009) and keep the water around 85 all summer. I have a (lazy) automatic cleaner (Dolphin diagnostic since 2006).
My salt water generator is not working. It displays "No Flow". My retailer sold me a new cell for and when I installed it, it did not work either. That's when I learned that I have a "flow valve". How do I know which flow valve I need? What a great idea this site is! Thank you to the admins for giving us a place to compate notes and try to help each other.

Hello Bonny and welcome to TFP! We're happy you found us. You sound like a bit of a pool veteran, so that should help everything you do. To try and answer your SWG questions about the flow valve .... any chance you could tell us exactly which model Hayward turbocell SWG you have? Possible post a pic of your set-up? That may help the readers.

And thank you for clarifying some of your pool characteristics. In the future, you can modify your pool auto-signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.