Help i need a fence around our pool!

Jul 16, 2015
Delta
We just got this pool for our boys and their loving it!! Came home the other day to a note on my door from bylaws telling us we need a fence?. I've searched high and low and can't find one that fits the top of our pool as its not a steel frame.

Same here. If the only access is gated and it is of a certain height it is OK. Then again, "bylaws" tells me you could be living in some sort of community with owners' association? If this is the case, they can have their own rules. Which can be more stringent than the township (or whatever you have there) code. Find them, read them.

Can you add a state to your profile location and add your pool specs to your signature. It helps when answering your questions.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Business card with bylaws note on back. Heard back and the fence around the top is not ok. Our bylaws suck!!!

- - - Updated - - -

We have 5 foot chain link all around our yard with a 4 foot front double gate that we're looking into getting spring loaded and new latch

Usually the municipality will have written rules about things like that.

I'm in the Montreal area, and on my municipality website, rules explicitly state that if an above ground pool wall is 1.2m or above on all sides that I don't need a fence around it. It also states that a "removable pool" doesn't need to have a fence if the walls are above 1.4m.

For inground pools, my municipality allows these removable fences, but they explicitly state that they have to be kept in at all times (even though they are removable). Here is a link of the fences I'm talking about. I don't know how they would install that in grass. It's usually installed in concrete or pavers, but you can always call the company and ask. They're more sturdy than they appear, my neighbour has them and I've tested them.

Child Safe | Removable Safety Pool fences Quebec and Ontario | Home

I would not have a pool if I didn't have my yard securely fenced in, even if it wasn't required. I would want my yard fenced in completely even if I didn't have a pool. I don't think it is too much to ask for a homeowner to have a secured yard when they have a drowning hazard on their property. It seems like common sense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.