Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help i need a fence around our pool!

1. Back To Top    #1

Help i need a fence around our pool!

We just got this pool for our boys and their loving it!! Came home the other day to a note on my door from bylaws telling us we need a fence😔. I've searched high and low and can't find one that fits the top of our pool as its not a steel frame.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help i need a fence around our pool!

Check your regulations and find out exactly what you need. You'll probably have to put in a yard fence if you've got an inflatable ring pool.
    Intex Metal Frame 12x30, 1700 gallon. Intex sand filter + SWG.

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, check the regulations, in my area as long as the walls of the pool are over 42 inches and you have a lockable or removable ladder a fence is not required.
    8638 gallon 20'x52" Intex ultra frame round AG. 2650 gph Intex Sand Filter. Intex krystal Klear SWG. (newer model that includes copper ion generation) Hayward 1091LX skimmer, Kreepy Krauly lil shark. Taylor K-2006 w/speed stir and sample sizer. New this year, Intex PureSpa - dichlor-> bleach method for sanitizing.
    New pool, 16'x36' (approx 18000 gal) in ground pool, Haywood DE filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Same here. If the only access is gated and it is of a certain height it is OK. Then again, "bylaws" tells me you could be living in some sort of community with owners' association? If this is the case, they can have their own rules. Which can be more stringent than the township (or whatever you have there) code. Find them, read them.
    Seasonal World rectangular pool, 27K gallons (data sheet), 25.3K calculated
    Jandy Stealth JHPU 2.0 PUMP, 2HP
    Jandy CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair C320 inline chlorinator
    AquaComfort heatpump heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah, and if you can't figure anything out on your own, post the rules. Usually almost every set of rules have gaps. See "loopholes".

SC
    16'x48" Intex UltraFrame - Intex Saltwater E.C.O. - Intex Sand Filter Pump - Taylor K-2006 - Pool über-newb

6. Back To Top    #6

image.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

No special rules just bylaws from our city.

7. Back To Top    #7

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Pic is sideways but this is what our polls look like

8. Back To Top    #8

Did they quote the bylaw in the notice? I assume that is your backyard and that you have privacy fence on 3 sides and lockable gates on the 2 sides of house leading into backyard from the front yard

Free form 17X30. 14,500 Gal. Pentair sand filter and 1.5 hp pump. Aqua-Rite SWCG. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speed Stir

9. Back To Top    #9

Can you add a state to your profile location and add your pool specs to your signature. It helps when answering your questions.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

10. Back To Top    #10

I'm in Canada

- - - Updated - - -

Our yard is full fenced with a front gate that can be locked. They quoted it needed to be a self closing gate but that would be hard is its our entrance gate to our driveway.

11. Back To Top    #11

You might end up having to make a separate fence with the self closing gate, that blocks the driveway portion off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley15 View Post
    I'm in Canada

- - - Updated - - -

Our yard is full fenced with a front gate that can be locked. They quoted it needed to be a self closing gate but that would be hard is its our entrance gate to our driveway.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by DarrelB View Post
    You might end up having to make a separate fence with the self closing gate, that blocks the driveway portion off.
    Look up your municipality's specific protocols, if it's not made code compliant, it could be a real headache. Self-closing, self latching, 4' high chain link is what a lot of pool owners do in my neck of the woods.
    Intex Easy Set 12'x30" AGP, Intex Krystal Clear 637R pump, Intex Solar Heater Mat

13. Back To Top    #13

Was it a formal notice or just a note that could be from an upset neighbor? Just curious.
    Ant
    16'x48" Summer Escapes Pro-Series, AG, Ultra-Frame, Intex CS15110 Sand filter/SWG, 5061 GAL, TF-100 Test Kit w/ K-1766 Salt Test and Speedstir.
    Pool School, ABC's of Water Chemistry, CYA/Chlorine Chart, Water Balance for SWG's, Pool Math.

14. Back To Top    #14

Business card with bylaws note on back. Heard back and the fence around the top is not ok. Our bylaws suck!!!

- - - Updated - - -

We have 5 foot chain link all around our yard with a 4 foot front double gate that we're looking into getting spring loaded and new latch

15. Back To Top    #15

Usually the municipality will have written rules about things like that.

I'm in the Montreal area, and on my municipality website, rules explicitly state that if an above ground pool wall is 1.2m or above on all sides that I don't need a fence around it. It also states that a "removable pool" doesn't need to have a fence if the walls are above 1.4m.

For inground pools, my municipality allows these removable fences, but they explicitly state that they have to be kept in at all times (even though they are removable). Here is a link of the fences I'm talking about. I don't know how they would install that in grass. It's usually installed in concrete or pavers, but you can always call the company and ask. They're more sturdy than they appear, my neighbour has them and I've tested them.

Child Safe | Removable Safety Pool fences Quebec and Ontario | Home
    Round Above ground Cedar pool 18ft (approximately 30,000L = 8000 gallons), Hayward 2 speed 1.5HP pump, Hayward XStream Cartridge filter, Hayward Titanium HP50B 55,000 BTU heat pump, Hayward offline chlorinator, Big dipper ozonator.

16. Back To Top    #16

I would not have a pool if I didn't have my yard securely fenced in, even if it wasn't required. I would want my yard fenced in completely even if I didn't have a pool. I don't think it is too much to ask for a homeowner to have a secured yard when they have a drowning hazard on their property. It seems like common sense.

17. Back To Top    #17

if a child wants in he'll get in !!!!!
    16 'x 48" Metal Frame Intex 5065 gallons, 14 Inch sand filter,Hayward Skimmer SP1091LX Dynaskim, Test Kit TF-100

18. Back To Top    #18

My yard it fully fenced!!!! Problem was solved....got a new latch on our gate.