Vacation Rental has a Pool

Rocco

Dec 23, 2012
Manassas Park, VA
I have been using the Trouble Free Pool method for several years now and have not swam in any other pools besides my own. However in August I will be going on vacation with the family and the house we are renting has a pool. I plan on bringing my test kit and if needed I will buy some bleach to add. I will finally be able to compare the clarity of another pool to my own.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation and if so did bring your test kit and if needed did you adjust the pool chemistry?

I am now back from vacation and the pool was fairly small at around 4,000 gallons, in ground with white plaster. It was also what most would expect. The CYA was slightly over 90, FC was at 0 and PH was over 8.5, the pump was on 24/7 with the return jets pointed up. After adding a gallon of bleach and testing 30 minutes later FC was at 7 and CC was 2.

All told I put about $40 of bleach into the pool through the week to make it safe for the family. The pool at the house next door turned green within 2 days of our arrival and stayed that way for another 2 days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.