Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacation Rental has a Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacation Rental has a Pool

I have been using the Trouble Free Pool method for several years now and have not swam in any other pools besides my own. However in August I will be going on vacation with the family and the house we are renting has a pool. I plan on bringing my test kit and if needed I will buy some bleach to add. I will finally be able to compare the clarity of another pool to my own.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation and if so did bring your test kit and if needed did you adjust the pool chemistry?
    25,000 gallon in ground white plaster- 1 1/2 HP Pentair SuperFlo pump - 60 sqft FNS DE filter (with FiberClear), 1999 Sundance Optima 850 hot tub.
    Manassas Park, VA

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Vacation Rental has a Pool

that would be awesome Send the rental a bill for clearing the pool
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Vacation Rental has a Pool

I am now back from vacation and the pool was fairly small at around 4,000 gallons, in ground with white plaster. It was also what most would expect. The CYA was slightly over 90, FC was at 0 and PH was over 8.5, the pump was on 24/7 with the return jets pointed up. After adding a gallon of bleach and testing 30 minutes later FC was at 7 and CC was 2.

All told I put about $40 of bleach into the pool through the week to make it safe for the family. The pool at the house next door turned green within 2 days of our arrival and stayed that way for another 2 days.
    25,000 gallon in ground white plaster- 1 1/2 HP Pentair SuperFlo pump - 60 sqft FNS DE filter (with FiberClear), 1999 Sundance Optima 850 hot tub.
    Manassas Park, VA