Help with pool equipment repairs

lvrpl

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 18, 2015
Dallas, TX
I was hoping to get some pointers on some recommended repairs and the best way to approach them. I'm new to all of this - we just bought a house with our first pool and the inspector recommended the items below. For each of these items, how hard are they to do? I'm mechanically inclined but have also never owned a pool before. Which items could I do myself fairly easily and which should I pay someone to come do? I've also included a couple of pictures of the equipment for reference.

Recommended repairs from inspector:

1. Gauge is bad and needs to be replaced. He also said that the filter is running at high pressure - what pressure should this be running at?

2. Backwash valve is not plumbed - it seems that whoever worked on this equipment before just simply didn't finish plumbing this (the open pipe is visible in the pictures) - where should this be plumbed to?

3. Pool miser leaks and needs new stem

4. Compool LX100 needs temperature sensor repaired - is this temp sensor just for the heater (which we will almost never use, at least at this point), or for something else?

PoolEquipMed1.jpg

PoolEquipMed4.jpg

PoolEquipMed8.jpg

Sorry if these are simple or obvious questions - this is my first time with any of this. Thanks for any help!

1. The gauge is a 30 second fix. Unscrew the old, put 2-3 wraps of teflon tape on the new and screw it in.....not very tight=no tools needed.

2. Extend the backwash pipe/hose to anywhere you want on your property. It is harmless.

I cannot answer the other two.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.