Water behind liner. Pretty sure liner is leaking

OldPoolBoy2

LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2014
SE, Wisconsin
I am trying to find a leak in the liner that is causing the liner to bulge in and have the classic "water bed" feel in the bottom edges. This is not ground water. The house and pool are in gravel soil (watched excavation). I have a sump pump in the house adjacent to the pool that is bone dry ... always.

The Water gets behind the liner and will rise to the level of the pool. I have pumped it out using a length of 1/2 pex connected my "pony" pump. I now estimate I can pump out about 50 gallons. The leak will replace this in about 24 hours. So I assume the leak is about 2 gallon an hour.

I tested the water behind the liner... and it had CYA (so its pool water not ground water)

I have felt the sides for cuts abrasions, I have used food coloring around the steps, corners, returns, lights and skimmer. I have used diving mask and snorkel to visually check seams while checking with hands and feet.

This is my second year of TFPC and my pool is crystal clear, but I cannot find the cause.

Anybody with any Ideas that I might try....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.