Smart Pool Nitelighter 100w vs Nitelighter Multi Color + Switch questions..

Nov 29, 2014
North Bergen, NJ
I just wanted to post a two part question regarding the SmartPool Nitelighter pool light series..

1) For those with first hand experience, would you prefer the 100w version or the Multi Color version.. (Pool will be a semi inground 18x33)

2) Regarding both units, what type of switch is used? Is it a toggle style or is it a momentary style switch?

I was looking at the different lights available and was leaning on the Multi color nitelighter.. I was contemplating the idea of running two of these lights.. I would put one on each end and was even thinking of possibly using different colors to have a mix.. I figure that would make it bright enough so the color is all around the pool and there are not real "dead zones".. Also, the reason I ask about the switch is because I would like to add a wireless unit so that I can remotely turn on/off the lights.. I hate the idea of going up to each unit and flipping a switch.. It would be nice to be able to either wire up a direct switch from the house or even just a simple key fob style remote that we can hang by the back door to turn the lights on prior to going out.. Appreciate any input.. Thanks

My Nightlighter MC has a tiny rubber button that you push to change the color. The power button is on the transformer that is located near the plug. So, you can turn it of/off @ the outlet but to control the color, you are going to have to go to the light and fiddle with it. I say "fiddle" because I still cannot get it to do certain things (shutoff) from the button on the light. When you turn the light off, it does not have a memory so, you will have to select the color each time. My pool is 15' and yes, there are dead areas with one light. It is still a good light but it could definitely be a little bigger and a little brighter.

f3justusc - Thanks for the input.. I was unaware that it did not have a "memory" setting.. That is actually a bit disappointing.. I was under impression that once the color choice is picked it would then light up to that color each time.. Perhaps then I will look into the other lights that have the colored lens.

Funny thing is, that only occurred to me as I was typing the reply. The first year we had a pool, we swam a lot at night. With each passing year, we do not swim at night very much. The kids like the "spooky" setting, which is three button presses. Easy now but we used do the "is this it?" "No." "This? " routine... I am glad that phase has passed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.