Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanger TX pool build

1. Back To Top    #1

Sanger TX pool build

After tons of rain in May and June our PB finally caught up to us. Not much progress as they didn't get here until 4pm today. I also have the GO Pro setup for a time lapse that I will put together when everything is done.

SANGER, TX
    SCOPE OF WORK:
    APPROVED BUILDING PLAN
    110 PERIMETER SWIMMING POOL/708 SQ. FT/ 22,000 GALLONS
    TANNING LEDGE
    1 LOVESEATS
    GROTTO WATERFALL
    EXCAVATION:
    TRACKHOE EXCAVATION
    PREGRADE

DEPTH: 4 6-5 PLAYPOOL

REBAR:
    STEEL ON 10 CENTERS-5 IN STRESS AREAS
    BEAM WITH 4 BARS
    ALTERNATE BARS THROUGH THE BREAK

PLUMBING:
    DUAL DRAINS IN POOL
    2 SKIMMERS IN POOL
    2 SUCTION / 1.5 RETURN
    7 RETURNS
    1 CLEANER LINE
    PRESSURE TESTING
    2 LINE FOR WATERFALL
    1 LINE FOR BUBBLER IN TANNING LEDGE
    FILL LINE TO HOSE BIB

ELECTRICAL:
    JANDY POWER CENTER
    2 JANDY LITE WITH NICHE
    BONDING OF POOL, DECK, LIGHTS, AND ANY OTHER METAL ITEMS
    GFCI PROTECTED LIGHTING
    JANDY P-4 PDA POOL REMOTE

GUNITE:
    8 TO 12 6 SACK MIX
    100% NATURAL SAND MIX
    3 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
    NO REBOUND IN POOL

TILE, COPING, AND STONE
    6 WATERLINE TILE
    STONE COPING OR EQUIVALENT
    100 OF CHOPPED STONE FOR RAISED BEAM AND RETAINING WALL EXTENSIONS
    57 OF COPING FOR WALLS
    30 OF STEPS
    STEP SPOTTERS
    2.5 TALL GROTTO WATERFALL

DECKING:
    850 SQ. FT OF STAMPED AND STAINED DECKING
    75 OF 4 DECK DRAIN PIPE
    CUSHION SAND BASE
    3.5 TO 4 THICK
    3/8 REBAR ON 18 CENTER
    TAN DECK-O-SEAL MASTIC JOINT

PLASTER:
    WHITE PLASTER INTERIOR FINISH WITH BLUE QUARTZ

POOL EQUIPMENT: (3 YEAR PARTS AND LABOR ON JANDY, POLARIS, AND ZODIAC)
    2.0 HP JANDY STEALTH
    460 CARTRIDGE OR DEV 60DE FILTER
    2 JANDY POOL LIGHT (LED LIGHT COLORED)
    PDA REMOTE
    6614 AP1400 POWERCENTER
    AQUAPURE SALT CELL
    POLARIS 280 POOL SWEEP WITH BOOSTER PUMP
    JANDY VALVE ACTUATOR
    TAYLOR TEST KIT
    POLE, BRUSH, RAKE

CLEAN UP/START UP:
    FINAL CLEAN AND GRADE OF POOL AND ACCESS AREA
    START UP AND CALIBRATION OF POOL EQUIPMENT
    WATER BALANCE
    WARRANTY OVERVIEW
    POOL SCHOOL AND INSTRUCTIONS

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sanger TX pool build

That's going to be a pretty pool, and what gorgeous land around you!
    Wendy
    1980s 20x40 in-ground beast, 36K gallons, 4' - 8', vinyl liner, Sand Dollar sand filter, two skimmers, bottom drain, three returns
    TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Oh, a grotto! I love the grottos! Can't wait to watch this, keep the pics coming!
    18' to 29' wide by 37' long, 22K gal, Lagoon Free form, vinyl lined, in ground Pool with SWG, Hayward Cartridge 175 Filter, 3/4 HP Tri-Star, Gas fired 300 BTU heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Built Aug 2015- 20x40 26000 Gallon free form gunite, White plaster w/ 50% blue quartz, 2hp Jandy Stealth, Polaris 280, 2 skimmers,2 floor drains, 5 returns, bubbler, Grotto waterfall. 2 24" sheer decents, Jandy 48 DE filter, Jandy Aquapure PLC1400 SWG, 2 Color changing led

5. Back To Top    #5

Really nice pool!

Welcome to TFP, and enjoy your stay.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

That equipment doing your digging sure looks familiar. I'm guessing Jason is your PB?? If it is then you have one of the best in the business.
    102 Perimeter Freeform Pool, Rock Waterfall, Jandy Deck Jets, Depth 3'6" - 6', Stonescapes Aqua Blue Mini Pebble, Inpool Table, Rock Salt Decking, Jandy 2.0 Epump, Jandy 580 Cartridge Filter, Polaris 280 with booster pump, Jandy Power Center w/ PDA, Stenner Pump
    A country boy's pool build...Dean, Texas

7. Back To Top    #7

This is going to be a great build to watch. Whoever dug this did a nice job.

No auto-fill?
    SUMMER 2015 BUILD IG gunite 38 x 31, 28,000 gal, 110' perimeter, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflow 3hp, Intellibrite LED x2, Clean & Clear 520, Screen Logic, Intelichlor 40, Quartzscape Blue, K-2006C, Speedstir, Aquanaut 400 (4 wheel The Pool Cleaner)

8. Back To Top    #8

A new build to watch! THANKS!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by QingGuy View Post
    This is going to be a great build to watch. Whoever dug this did a nice job.

No auto-fill?
    Yep. The guy that operates that trackhoe can pick up a little dirt clod with that machine. Very accurate.
    102 Perimeter Freeform Pool, Rock Waterfall, Jandy Deck Jets, Depth 3'6" - 6', Stonescapes Aqua Blue Mini Pebble, Inpool Table, Rock Salt Decking, Jandy 2.0 Epump, Jandy 580 Cartridge Filter, Polaris 280 with booster pump, Jandy Power Center w/ PDA, Stenner Pump

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Clayswen View Post
    That equipment doing your digging sure looks familiar. I'm guessing Jason is your PB?? If it is then you have one of the best in the business.
    Yes it is.

11. Back To Top    #11

I feel for you on the waiting. Jason lived over in Iowa Park near Wichita Falls for years, but is living back in Muenster now. He usually does around 75 pools per year and this year is especially busy. Jason has been building pools for a long time, and the crews you will see have worked for him for a long time as well. He is a good communicator, and he goes out of his way to make sure you are satisfied. Good luck with the build.

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of Ford and what kind of racing?

12. Back To Top    #12

I've been out of racing for a while but I drag raced mustangs

13. Back To Top    #13

Awesome. I've been drag racing for over 20 years, but haven't raced much in the last 2-3 years. I raced there at Denton years ago before we reopened the track in Wichita Falls. I have a 67 ford falcon that I just got done building a big block 555 this year. Still haven't ran it yet, but I may get it out by this fall. Kids sports have been eating up all my time the last few years.

14. Back To Top    #14

Laying some pipe!

Built Aug 2015- 20x40 26000 Gallon free form gunite, White plaster w/ 50% blue quartz, 2hp Jandy Stealth, Polaris 280, 2 skimmers,2 floor drains, 5 returns, bubbler, Grotto waterfall. 2 24" sheer decents, Jandy 48 DE filter, Jandy Aquapure PLC1400 SWG, 2 Color changing led

15. Back To Top    #15

16. Back To Top    #16

Nice progress! Two skimmers and all of the returns are going to make your pool so easy to keep clean.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

It looks like you're going to have quite a pool when all is said and done! The crews are doing a neat and tidy job so far.....
    Keep it rolling (as if you had control!! Lol!)
    Take care,
    Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

18. Back To Top    #18

Finally have someone out again after no one for a week and a half.

19. Back To Top    #19

Make sure you measure everything-high enough? Wide enough? Make sure to add 3 inches for the gunite.

Kim

20. Back To Top    #20

Looks like you can shoot some hoops from your pool!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast