Low pH, high TA

Testing with k2006 has been consistent for the last week with pH ranging from 7.0 to 7.2 and TA of 120-130.

if I leave the solar cover on all day and only run the pump for 6 hrs the pH goes to 7.0 (maybe lower) I don't like to run the pump more than that as it lowers the water temp so much and I am lucky to get the pool up to 74-76 in a heat wave bc the nights are so cold.

couple of kids swimming for half the day and it's never gone over 7.2

should I try to raise the pH and not worry about the TA or just leave things alone?

Its an an intex easy set approx. 4500 gallons

FC 8
CC O
pH 7.2 ( kids were in playing lots today)
TA 130
CH 100

As long as the kids' eyes aren't burning and you keep monitoring the pH it should be fine as it is. You can aerate the pool by churning the water using a return pointed at the surface or running a fountain inside the pool to raise the pH if you wish. Don't worry about the TA unless you are seeing wide swings in pH.

My return isn't movable and the pump is barely big enough for the pool, the more I run it the colder it gets and the highest I've gotten it this year is 74. The temps at night go down to about 10 Celsius here so it's hard to maintain the heat! Kids wear goggles and have never complained so I guess I'll leave things alone :) thx

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.