ateam

Jul 8, 2015
San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I got my TF-100 a couple days ago and I'm a little confused by the CH test.

Can someone tell me definitively when it ends?

I have the speedstir and I count out 10 drops of R-0012 and see blue. I think it's over and my reading is 200 CH.

If I let the speedstir keep going about 30 seconds later it turns back to pink. One more drop and back to blue. wait 30 seconds, back to pink, one more drop, back to blue. And the process repeats for several more drops. Over the past couple days I've gotten CH readings anywhere from 200 to 425 and I'm not sure what to believe.

Do I keep going until it never turns back to pink, or am I done with that first color change at 10 drops?

Thanks for the help.

I'd go with the higher number.

Since I regularly test CH in the 800+ zone, I consider myself an expert on this test.

Often when I'm stalled at the maroon stage, an extra cycle of the speedstir will push it to blue. But sometimes it pushes it back to pink. When it turns blue and stays blue, that's when it's over. I've never seen that test change back after sitting awhile, the way the FAS-DPD test does.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.